Shadows Of A Past Life

Guitars

The camera zooms from Beacon toward Atlas.

———————Atlas's Heart———————

Ready Set Go!
We were racing to the goal line not long ago.

Y/n, Weiss and Alecks run through Atlas. Then the camera switches to a scene of Y/n staring out of a window.

Even though, there was so much we didn't know yet.

Y/n reaches his hand out, clinches and releases sadly and shakily.

Crossing that line!

Flip to Weiss, stuck in her room looking out the window.

We saw that there would be no going back in time.
Even though, there was so much we didn't know yet.

She pulls out Myrtenaster and practices her technique.

We're burning, and fighting, under the sun.

Flip to Alecks and Y/n walking and talking before a familiar face distracts Y/n.

Yeah, my skin is glistening.

Y/n and Ironwood are training in the combat area before the screen cracks.

From sweat dripping down my face.

He looks down with his hands before a tear falls.

As time will pass I believe,
There are many things that we may forget.

The camera zooms into the tear to show the trio falling through the air smiling and free with Ironwood looking overhead in Atlas.

Everyone, will become, a Silhouette.

Y/n thinks about Tyler, Alecks and Weiss, all back facing, before they turn into a dark figures and fade.

But why do we pretend we don't care
All about the things that we hold so dear?

Y/n opens his eyes and lands beside Weiss and Alecks, and Ironwood approaches from behind and pats Y/n on the back.

It's so when, it's hurting
We can laugh through the tears!

Y/n and co. look up at the nighttime Atlesian sky, glistening with stars.
———————————————————————

"Three minutes until touchdown." The pilot announces over the on-board intercom.

"So Y/n, question." Harriet speaks to you.

"Go ahead."

"What's it like being the General's son?"

"It's not really weird to me, suddenly being a General's son who was an orphan was the really weird part." Her gaze averts and she looks over.

"What was... that like?" She asks.

"War. It wasn't easy being a little kid in Remnant's scariest and roughest city. Especially being alone." You tell her. You continue on.

"Do you know how I ended up being raised by him?" All of the Ace Ops turn to you.

"I almost died, actually. He saved me, took me in, and raised me to be a Huntsman." You take your weapons out.

"He raised me to be the best, and to do that, I had to beat the best. So I trained, and trained, and trained until I shut down. I beat the best holograms my father made, Huntsman, Pro-Huntsman, Ex-Huntsman, you name it. I eventually found out he made a Headmaster level, and a year ago, I beat it. So, if I want to protect those I love, I have to beat the strongest opponent I've ever faced, fear." You tell them.