Cut Short

Guitars

The camera zooms from Beacon toward Atlas.

———————Atlas's Heart———————

Ready Set Go!
We were racing to the goal line not long ago.

Y/n, Weiss and Alecks run through Atlas. Then the camera switches to a scene of Y/n staring out of a window.

Even though, there was so much we didn't know yet.

Y/n reaches his hand out, clinches and releases sadly and shakily.

Crossing that line!

Flip to Weiss, stuck in her room looking out the window.

We saw that there would be no going back in time.
Even though, there was so much we didn't know yet.

She pulls out Myrtenaster and practices her technique.

We're burning, and fighting, under the sun.

Flip to Alecks and Y/n walking and talking before a familiar face distracts Y/n.

Yeah, my skin is glistening.

Y/n and Ironwood are training in the combat area before the screen cracks.

From sweat dripping down my face.

He looks down with his hands before a tear falls.

As time will pass I believe,
There are many things that we may forget.

The camera zooms into the tear to show the trio falling through the air smiling and free with Ironwood looking overhead in Atlas.

Everyone, will become, a Silhouette.

Y/n thinks about Tyler, Alecks and Weiss, all back facing, before they turn into a dark figures and fade.

But why do we pretend we don't care
All about the things that we hold so dear?

Y/n opens his eyes and lands beside Weiss and Alecks, and Ironwood approaches from behind and pats Y/n on the back.

It's so when, it's hurting
We can laugh through the tears!

Y/n and co. look up at the nighttime Atlesian sky, glistening with stars.
———————————————————————

"Where have you been these past months?" Weiss asks.

"Recovering. I was pretty banged up after what happened at Beacon." You tell her about how you woke up in your bed at home after passing out on the tower. You also tell her what happened on the tower, to Pyrrha, Ruby, and Tyler.

"Tyler's gone?"

"Gone. I have not the slightest idea where he's at. Alecks has been at home with me and father. He's been helping my dad with military issues while I've been pretty useless, tonight is actually the first time I've left home in almost seven months." You decide against telling her about your PTSD, she already has enough to worry about.

"I'm amazed you're still in shape after all of that."

"Well, I've gained a few pounds, but ever since I could move, I've been keeping in as shape as I can. I love the dress by the way."

"Thank you."

"Also, did you know tonight was the first time I've heard you sing?"

"Are you serious? I hope I impressed." She smiles, turning back to the painting.