Volume 1 - Chapter 1: An Agreement

Sometimes, I get the thoughts of changing the world to become a more peaceful and quiet place that housed not only the happiness of the people but also nature itself.

Discrimination by age, race and gender are everywhere in this planet called Earth. I was taught manners to respect the old. But why should I? Why is it that if I defend myself from an older person's lecture, I get either physical or verbal violence? They just don't want to be wronged by someone younger.

Many people seem to do good deeds only when someone is looking and it's quite funny, even I do it so that their impression of me improves even if just a little. We're probably just making others think we're such splendid people. I often used to think that「if you have done something good in your life, that deed will come back to you in full.」

But what now? After all the good deeds I have done, why is this happening?

As I thought all these, the actual situation I was in was very severe. I have to make the right choice. Right now, in front of me...

The person who has given birth to me and raised me, my mother...

Is about to get hit by a truck.

- One hour ago -

「Yukio! Wake up and eat breakfast! It's your first day of college so make sure you won't be late!」

That was my mother calling me from below my room's floor. We lived in a proper and modest house two stories high.

I'm quite a slothful person you see, and because I'm as lazy as a giant panda... I often wished I had the power to do anything or atleast the power to teleport myself. Like this.

「Teleportation!」

Ofcourse, nothing happened...
I get my hopes up almost every week that I somehow awakened to some strange power but ofcourse and quite obviously, I don't.

You're probably thinking I'm crazy but I'm not, it's normal to dream big, right? Why do magic not exist anyway! Aaaaaagh!!

Bang! Bang!

「Uh oh. Coming!」

My mother impatiently knocks on the door of my room whenever I'm taking too long to get up after she called me.

And so, I got up before I get my ass beaten at age 19. Fortunately, I've warned her not to barge into my room because... You know, I'm a man in his teens and you know what we do when we're alone.

I quickly got up and stretched my arms.

Then after a whole minute of staring at the ceiling imagining myself graduating college with my mother crying tears of joy, I finally came back to my senses after being slapped on the right cheek by that very person called my mother.

「I said... Get up.」

But I am up!
Ofcourse I couldn't tell that to the person herself or else I would have two swollen cheeks from two powerful blows from this monsterous witch namely my mom.

And so...
I walked out of the room following my mother. Passing by my cabinet filled to the brim with my messily tucked clothes then to the corridors leading down the stairs.