Volume 1 - Chapter 29: The Estranged Dryads

The third floor was a very wide area, it was as thought we were on the outside again. The third floor was a wilderness, or to put it specifically, a jungle. We were surrounded by wild trees and plants. And from above us was the light blue sky and the bright sun slightly blocked by the shapeless clouds.

Sounds of birds chirping and fluttering from the jungle can be heard. Looking back from where the second floor exit was, it was an archway big enough for two people to cross at the same time.

Behind it were yet another portion of the jungle. The floor seems to reach endlessly as thought we were transferred somewhere far away.

「So this is the third floor of the Slime Dungeon.....」

「This looks like the real deal. Hmph! As expected of a dungeon.」

Henrietta and Derafil was entranced by the scenery while Hain nodded in agreement. I kept my senses to the maximum in case something attacks us.

Alvis, where are we? Were we teleported to another place?

『Answer, negative. This space is what's called another dimension created by the dungeon to house the monsters of the third floor.』

But really, isn't this a dungeon with only slime monsters. Why need such a terrain?

『The answer is not recommended to the user.』

There you go again keeping secrets..... Oh well.

We continued to walk aimlessly in the jungle. Crossing streams, climbing over large tree roots, jumping over chasms, yet we didn't find the exit of this third floor. It's appearance is not an illusion, this is a real jungle in a living dungeon. This is giving me the same vibes as when we were lost in the Sifana Forest Dungeon.

「How come we haven't encountered any monsters yet?」

Hain uttered in a small tone while holding the sheath of her sword. This place is strangely eerie. Are all dungeons like this?

「Now that you mention it, I'm curious too.」

The sounds of the wild birds and bugs vanished and what remained were the sounds naturally created by mother nature. I should just check the radar and see for myself.

『The navigation function is currently not recommended at the moment.』

Ah? Why?! What's with these recommendations all of a sudden!?

『The recommendation system helps achieve a beneficial fate for the Hero.』

I don't get that at all... But since it says something good will happen for me, I guess I'll just listen.

Looking at the sun's position, I can tell it's currently 12 in the afternoon. So I suggested resting here to take a break.

「Everyone, let's have lunch here!」

I released the food, mat and kitchen utensils from the《Dimensional Storage》skill. Hain and Derafil helped by setting up the spot where we'll eat while Henrietta insisted on first surveying the area to make sure the place is safe. It's honestly good that she done so because my radar skill isn't usable at the moment and there might be a monster waiting for a good chance to strike.