Volume 1 - Chapter 28: Let's Go To The Slime Dungeon! II

Yukio's party, Glazdephon traversed the plains in the grassless pathways. He and his party rode the HUMVEE created by the《Summon Golem》skill.

Just when they were traveling the road comfortably, Derafil spoke in a rather suffocated manner.

「D-Demon King-sama...」

「How many times do I have to say I'm not the demon king?!?!」

「B-But...」

Ever since the time Yukio dominated Derafil, she had thought of him as the reincarnation of the Demon King, Belphegor due to his menacing skill that only the Demon King should have had. Not to mention he sometimes tends to act like a lecherous demon king.

「I can't breath...」

She timidly admitted while covering her nose and mouth with the hem of her clothes, her face looked pale and green as well. It seems that she's not very comfortable with the car's smell. Yukio thought to himself, "Some people are like that too. Ofcourse that includes me." and he opened all the windows of the car except ofcourse for the front shield.

Outside wind gushed inside the spaces of the car and the temperature rose to a significant degree. With a few heavy gasping of breath, Derafil was now able to inhale some fresh outside air and not the nauseating smell of the car's air conditioner.

「There, there.」

Hain tried her best to calm her breathing down by gently patting her back.

「Sorry about that, Derafil. I didn't know even demons can get car-sick.」

Yukio was deeply concerned about everyone's safety so he felt downhearted that he couldn't predict that someone would be car-sick.

「N-No. It's really fine, demon king-sama. It's just that.....」

Derafil's pale skin around her cheek blushed and she spontaneously tapped both her hand's index fingers together. She looked like your typical human adventurer. She once looked like a female demon, but thanks to her mimicking skill, she was able to change into something similar to a human and blend in with society. The pair of white horns protruding from the top of her head vanished but all her other features like the red eyes, blonde hair and light brown skin remained.

「We demons have horns that can absorb the surrounding magic power in the area. in exchange for having greater stats than hyumans, we regularly require a sufficient amount of mana or else we would turn into the "Insanity" state where we would attack anyone in sight to obtain their magic power. That's why..... locking ourselves in such an enclosed space will drain the very few mana in the atmosphere quickly.」

Yukio, Henrietta, and Hain were looking at her in interest. Yukio didn't need to steer the wheel and control the vehicle anymore after he had commanded the golem to go at it's own pace.

Derafil's face blushed after she had noticed the curious gazes of her party.

「So it's like that, huh. Must be tough to be a demonkin.」

The hero made a calm remark without showing much emotion to it while supporting his chin with his hands folded together in front of him.

「By any chance, is that connected to the reason why hyumans waged war with the demons hundreds of years ago?」

A Henrietta with a sparkle on her glasses asked Derafil in a tone that would make her talking partner think she's a reporter. Nevertheless, Derafil answered again.

「I can't say for sure, but the last Demon King must have beared some grudges against hyumans from the start since tried to assassinate him and successfully killed his beloved wife in a certain coup d'etat with the humans. As revenge, he terrorized a human settlement. And thus the war of an idiotic revenge game began, until the hate reached even the future generations.」