Volume 1 - Chapter 15: An Attack During The Journey

3rd Person View

From the pathways leading to the City of Touma ruled by Baron Piedmont, a merchant's carriage was travelling and passing the trees one by one. It was mounted by none other than Hain and the Iron Trout tasked by Yukio to protect his probable future bride.

「May I ask something?」

Hain asked a question, her eyes visibly shown she was anxious and nervous. The one to have answered her was the Iron Trout's healer, Tuna who seem to have already woken up from yesterday's incident.

「Yes, what is it miss Hain?」

「What's the City of Touma like?」

The party's fighter named Pine clenched his fists and said the following with confidence.

「It's a town full of adventurers, merchants, normal citizens and it welcomes other races.」

「It welcomes other races? It's a really friendly town. How did they even make them stay there?」

「Well, the Baron or the noble was a kind person who doesn't discriminate unlike the other nobles, you see.」

「I see...」

Hain slowly regained her usual composure. It seems knowing that the town is a friendly place like Murasaka motivated her to be a bit more relieved. The five adventurers seeing this, were delighted to see that she's okay.

「Do you think Sir Fern will be able to catch up to us?」

The healer, Tuna asked. The others were unsure whether he can or cannot but had more confidence that he will than he won't. However, one person thought it absolute. And it was the one who knows him most, Hain.

「He will without a doubt! He's very strong afterall!」

The others were surprised by her statement but noone disagreed.

「Yeah! He has that fast Variant Rafflecia Deer too!」

「Yeah, those things can go more than quadruple the speed of a horse.」

Instead, it was supported. This is just how highly thought of Yukio became just after he had met these people.

「Not only is he strong, he's also handsome and kind!」

Hain suddenly brought in another word of praise, she couldn't handle that the only ones praising her most loved Yukio were the Iron Trout party, therefore she didn't want to lose. The whole group was surprised by her sudden appearance.

「He went to a journey with me because he was worried about me.」

Hain's cheeks became flustered as she continued to talk.

「And he also wanted to become an adventurer to save the orphanage I work in.」

The Iron Trout party listened to Hain's story about their short journey to Murasaka and how she had gained support from him countless times. They were really good listeners since they put on the right expressions at the right times. Like when Hain mentioned Yukio had many unique skills, they couldn't help but gasp and Clint said「So that's why he's that strong.」right after.

「Hey guys, can you fetch me my waterbag there?」

A voice came from the curtains at the front of the carriage. It's where the coachman and the merchant taking them to Touma sat. Apparently, the one who asked was the coachman. His voice was a little hoarse, probably due to thirst.

Hain handed the bag of water to the hand stretched out from the curtains. It was previously placed above a barrel which were once used to deliver a kind of purple fruit.