Volume 1 - Chapter 19: Battle Between Monsters

A giant alligator has appeared before us while we were clearing our two quests. It was the largest creature I've ever seen in person even back in my previous world, heck it looks a bit bigger than Armorizard.

「A-Arch! The alligator is here!」

Hain was in deep panic and fidgeting around while holding her iron sword. Her eyes was fixed at the alligator which just rose from the water in two legs.

「Ignore it.」

I approached the alligator boldly and casually just like walking towards an old friend. Although a friend would greet me, the alligator chomped at me.

However, unfortunately for him, this friend of his is the hero.

Before it's jaws had completely reached me, I was defended by a powerful sphere of raging winds.

It looks like the wind element is very efficient in most types of attacks as it shrugged off the alligator's continuous attempts of trying to bite my head off.

『Master has received 0 damage.』

You didn't need to point that out Alvis. What a poor guy. Due to it's non-stop attacking with it's frontal head, it's nose had become red instead of white and I could see it's eyes had become watery already, though not by the sewer waters.

「Guhgirun...」

It made some few weird noises as it caressed it's poor nose. The girls had become dumbstruck and had been gaping for minutes now but I really didn't care much.

「Hain and Henrietta, why don't you guys form a group and separate from me to go hunting the rats by yourselves?」

I simply smiled at them while being continuously attacked by the alligator from behind me with it's gigantic tail, ofcourse I was still being protected by the wind barrier. The two maidens smiled back at me awkwardly and the first one to have replied was Henrietta while Hain was lighting a lantern with her magic.

「O-Okay. How about you? Will you be okay–」

Before Henrietta finished her sentence, Hain pulled her over to do their assigned tasks.

「It's okay, he'll be fine. He's the reincarnation of the demon king afterall...」

Who are you calling the reincarnation of the demon king? I'm the hero! H.E.R.O!

Welp, let's just hope they won't try to kill me after thinking I'm the demon king. I watched their figures steadily go further away until their lanterns had already disappeared from my sight in a matter of seconds while I'm hearing Alvis' continuous『Master has received 0 damage.』which seems to have no end.

Alright, let's settle this, large alligator-kun. Alvis, release Armorizard.

I turned around to face the alligator and raised my hand to point my palm at the opponent.

「Armorizard, I choose you! Gooooo!」

『Skill,《Dimensional Storage》has been successfully executed. Bringing out Armorizard.』