Volume 1 - Chapter 9: The Hero's Evil Skill

Continuing our journey by foot, we set out to the Touma City by walking. I really wish the cooldown of《Skill Creation》would finish soon so I can make a skill that can boost our travelling speed.

But it seems like Heinly isn't bothered at all. As expected of another world, the people here aren't so easily bored since most of what they do here is focus in reality and not on social networks or games. This is only natural to her.

Hm? For a moment there her lips flinched. Oh, I just realized I was looking at her.

Seeming to have realized my extensive gazes, her cheeks were being dyed red continuously the longer I stare.

「Pl-Please don't look at me like that, Yukio.」

「I'm sorry sister, you just looked so beautiful.」

Hehehe. I'm really daring, aren't I? Well that looks as thought it gave her a serious heart leap. Her cheeks flushed harder than before. I might get addicted to teasing her with how cute she turns out everytime.

A few seconds later, she may have gained back some of her senses so she started to utter words with her lips thinned down. They barely even opened as she spoke.

「Y-You can just call me Hain... you know...」

Hain, huh? That does sound kinda cute and short. I love it, I'll go with that. I nodded to her as a sign that I agreed.

「Okay, Hain.」

「Unn. Yukio, you really don't seem like an 11 year old sometimes, you know?」

No I really did not! Thanks for telling me or else you or everyone else might have founded out I'm a reincarnated hero.

「I-Is that so? Hahahaha!」

She nodded and afterwards giggled. We had some fun talking about our life in the orphanage and I can feel we're slowly getting closer to each other by heart.

Until it shifted to a highly dangerous topic.

「Yukio, where did you used to live in before you and your family got attacked by monsters?」

Crap, I should have put more thought to this excuse. In order to think of one, I had to speed up my consciousness for a bit. And so time started slowing down for me again.

Alvis, what human settlements besides Raske Village and Touma City are there in the Formissa Kingdom?

『Answer, besides the Touma and Raske settlements in the rule of the Formissa Kingdom, there are many other towns like Origari, Calmun, and Mukia. The best suggestion I have for master's backstory is that he's the deceased noble's relative, "Idris Fern". The recently murdered marquis of the Magic City, Elevore. And that he and his parents had lived in his territory for a while, but then decided to move to another place to live in as his parents were lacking the money required to pay their taxes in such a high-class city.』

Woah, that's pretty cool and yet shady, Alvis. It sure helps that I have a person I could count on all the time when I'm in a pinch.

『Un.』

Alright, let's give this a go. Now that I'm ready, time started to move normally again.