Volume 1 - Chapter 24: The Hero Joins an Expedition Team

It was a perfect morning set by the Gods. The sky was blue and clear, scattered rays of sunshine peeking through the white clouds gently woke me whom was sleeping while standing outside. I was surrounded by the towering trees in the middle of the forest. My body felt stiff, specially my neck and back.

The birds chirping in this vast forest were pleasant to the ears, I wonder if those undead would come out at daytime, hopefully not.

I greeted this new day by doing some light exercises done in the morning. It's bad manners to rush to the battle field while your muscles aren't ready yet. It also looks like all my mana have already recovered to full capacity too, that's good news. Ah, what a fine day!

「Good morning, Hero-sama.」

The voice of an elderly came from behind me. I turned my head and saw the face of the old man from last night, he looks like he had a good sleep but I'll ask him if he did, either way.

「Good morning, did you sleep well? How does your arms and legs feel?」

「They feel brand new. Thanks to you, Hero-sama.」

「I'm glad to hear that, how about the others?」

I've been practicing changing my voice beforehand. Fortunately, this armor is muffling my voice so the pitchiness isn't that similar to my original voice, atleast it'll be harder to recognize. But just in case, I'll put an enchantment on this helmet later to change it.

「The villagers apart from myself have already woken up. Currently, the adults are cooking breakfast. Please follow me.」

He led me to his group. On the way, my eyes fell upon the burnt body of a human which I didn't get to save last night. Maybe if I came here sooner I would have been able to save him...

I let out a frustrated sigh.
I shouldn't bother dawdling over what has already happened and instead focus on what to do from now on

「Hm? What's wrong, Hero-sama?」

It seems like he heard my sigh, I couldn't help it anyway. I told him it was nothing, and when the people noticed I was coming their way, they rushed to me in a hurry and I was offered a bowl with boiled eggs.

So I wouldn't seem rude or picky about food, I accepted it. Now the problem is how I'll eat it with so many people around me.

「Can I eat this somewhere else? Apart from saving the world, I was warned by your god to conceal my identity or presence to Sigillare. In simple words, I can only eat alone.」

They looked a bit downhearted when earlier they looked excited to see me eat, but I comforted them somehow, in the end there was no objections and I hid myself behind the trunks of a tree to eat.

The eggs they cooked tastes fine. Not too salty nor too hard. They must have found this from a bird's nest nearby. Honestly, I could just cook them meat right now but it looked like there wasn't any need since they hunted properly by themselves.

I looked upwards and stared at the beautiful blue sky. Eating outdoors with the grace of nature is the best experience I've ever had when it comes to eating. I appreciate nature, that's why this other world who prioritizes the same ideology as me is something worth protecting.