Volume 1 - Chapter 26: A Trick To The Eye

What might be a cooler way to arrive to the team. Should I jump from tree to tree? No, I'll be mistaken as a monkey if I did that.

I jogged my way through the thick reaches of the trees until I finally caught sight of them. It might be good but I can't see any of my clones while they're using the 《Unattraction》skill. It looks so eerie without seeing their presence guarding the adventurers. Nevertheless, I should get closer.

By pouring strength to my legs and kicking the ground hard, I leaped into the air to have a bird's eye view at the team and find that phantom version of myself. I found that it's casually walking alongside my party like it was the actual me.

As expected, even if I jumped 30 feet above the surface, I still won't see the surface of this tree packed forest. I wonder if they'll attack me after they see me while that phantom over there is pretending to be me.

To check their condition, I opened one of each of their statuses and found the status ailments "Fear" and "Illusional". This illusion effect bothers me, but it doesn't change the fact I should warn them about this imposter.

「Hey guys, I have some news.」

I called out to them. But there wasn't a sign of anyone listening. Are they ignoring me? No, it's impossible.

I boldly approached the expedition team from the front. To my surprise they pulled out their weapons.

「What's with this ghost? Is it trying to warn us again?」

Huh? Ghost? Did they just call me ghost, Alvis?

『Answer, yes apparently.』

I looked at myself from shoulder to toe. But I looked nothing like the transparent woman I've been seeing earlier. Just the normal me.

「Should we just purify it? Listen man, we know you're trying to protect us here but we can handle ourselves.」

「Excuse me I'm no–」

「Yeah, please step aside.」

「Listen here, can you guys hear–」

「Hey! Wheres the priest!」

No matter how much I attempted to spark a conversation I got ignored.

I put my palm in front of my face and leaked out a long sigh. I was astonished by how stupid this situation was.

『Master, it may be because they are seeing illusions and your voice is currently inaudible.』

Illusions and sound nullification, huh? That means the real reason why they think I'm a ghost is they're seeing me as a ghost. But what about the phantom me?

A party member of mine that uses a crossbow tried to touch the phantom Arch's cheek to beckon it over and purify me, but...

「W-Woah! What the hell!? What happened to Fern!」

He screamed to the others loudly after his bowgun then hands passed through my phantom self. The thing itself was looking forwards blankly like it was just a walking empty shell.