Volume 1 - Chapter 23: Undead Of The Night II

I went closer, closer and closer but just in case, I hid behind a tree to peek from behind. I activated my《Unattraction》skill as well. A settlement in the middle of the forest? Must be goblins or orcs, maybe even ogres.

I tilted my head to see a glimpse of what resides in such a place. And I was wrong, it wasn't goblins, orcs, ogres or natives. They were all humanoid creatures with unpleasant grotesque faces. Each of their own kind, one looked like it's face was that of a western orc, another one I spotted had the head of a bat.

「Alvis, the radar...」

I spoke through my breath. I felt more like in the mood to say it rather than think out loud. I was feeling very nervous and had to slump down slowly and soundlessly. I was very tired mentally from running away and I even ran into such a weird group of creatures.

『Activating the navigation system. Successfully enabled.』

The usual circular blue window appeared in the upper left side of my sight, displaying many different colored dots including a yellow triangle at the center which is me.

There are more than 70 red dots. And... Eh?
There are white dots somewhere in this place too, they've captured atleast 14 people. They must have been abducted from that village nearby.

The crackling sounds reached the detection of my ears and my nose picked up the scent of something burning. And it didn't smell like monster meat either for it had a fouler smell than those of monsters.

I leaned my head farther from the tree. I glanced at the distance and saw something with a human stature and size being burned whilst skewered in a stick. It's limbs except the head were gone. No... It was a human with it's limbs chopped off like it was food. The smell of the blood and flesh being roasted, sickens me even from afar.

「Alvis, have you identified what they are yet?」

『Answer, yes. Displaying the status of one individual.』

Name: None
Level: 18
Age: 26
Race: Aswang
Height: 182cm
HP: 404
MP: 180

STR: 1,498
AGI: 1,608
INT: 7,890
DEF: 1,248

Unique Skills:
Shapeshifting
Bloodsucker
Paralysing Saliva
Conditional Invulnerability

Skills:
Claw User E
Enhanced Smell C
Enhanced Hearing C
Charm C
Lying D
Tongue Lancer
Inferior Fake Status
Stealth F

What the hell are with those monsters?! If I fought them when I was still level 1, they could have killed me easily if they banded!

My breath became harder and my heart started beating like crazy, I have also just realized how cold the temperature in this place is, it makes a chill run down my spine just thinking of facing them all.

I need to calm down... That's right, I'm not as weak as when I was level 1. Right now, I can take all of them on even if I don't use the limit release function. Gather courage, Yukio!

I pulled out the silver sword from my storage and gripped it tightly by the handle after unsheathing it from it's scabbard.