thirty six

taehyung and rumi pull up to the museum, and simultaneously let out an audible gasp at the bright exterior, rumi knew that lights would be arranged at the front but she didn't quite expect how stunningly it would turn out to look. the sky was getting darker by the second, and the lights gave a soft glow to the museum, like a halo surrounding it.

"well, do you like it?" rumi turned back to taehyung who was still admiring the decoration with a slightly agape mouth, and he slowly nodded, rumi giggled at his expression and got out of the car, heading inside, and taehyung followed her shortly after.

inside, the art pieces were covered with linen cloth pieces, preventing dust from falling on them and also rumi from seeing them.

taehyung spun around with a faint smile on his face, breathing in everything, it still felt surreal to have his own exhibition, his nerves were on edge about revealing himself, but he never felt better about himself. he knew that even if some people will judge him, call him names, he still had rumi by his side, and she already told him she will jump on anyone who has something bad to say.

though the idea of rumi leaping on someone amused him, he felt reassured. his eyes looked for the one painting he wanted rumi to see the most, he couldn't wait for her reaction when she sees it, she's going to love it, he was sure of that.

"before we open everything, i have to ask you something" taehyung looked away from it to see rumi staring at him with her own happy smile. she felt like her heart was so full, brimming with pride and respect for her man.

"i'm asking because it's your day, i heard that every artist has one crazy wish that they want to do, something that is artistically relieving, something that they think is too embarrassing to share, do you have any wishes like that?" rumi had read many articles about artists, their complex minds and their undying passion, their fear of losing their passion too, their weird indulges, she read them even before she ever met taehyung or knew of vante, it was just something that she was fascinated by.

he did.

one crazy wish that he felt like rumi would be uncomfortable to know.

"nope, none of those" he quickly denied, rumi didn't exactly believe him, his tell-tale sign of lying was showing, which was looking away and biting his lip, she tried to speak about it but got interrupted by loud footsteps and laughter. the entrance doors threw themselves open at the force of six men pushing through it. all of them wore black suits and were very excited for this, almost as excited as taehyung himself, especially jimin who apparently shed a few tears at the happy news when he received it. they excitedly waved at rumi who happily greeted them too.

"our artist vante!" they yelled in unison and enveloped taehyung into a large, warm group hug, spinning around playfully as easy laughs escaped their lips, rumi stepped aside and went on to check on whichever details she had to finalize to give the boys some space.

(tw // anxiety attack)

after about 30 minutes, rumi could see the line outside the museum, all of them holding their tickets to their chest and marveling at the beautiful glow the building was enveloped in, taehyung was right beside her, his heart beating a million times faster as he saw more people join the line with every minute that passed. his eyes nervously darted to his paintings on the wall, wondering again if it was good enough, if the showcase was enough if whatever he did leading up to this day was enough and as he felt his chest getting heavy and his nose losing its usual pattern of breathing, he knew that he was just seconds away from an anxiety attack.

(mentions of anxiety attack ends here)

rumi, having noticed it, dragged him away from the windows at the front and to a room in the back, sitting him down and giving him the bottle of water in her hand, slowly tapping his knee as she crouched down in front of him, pushing his hair out of his face and letting him take his time.