The unexpected

Sherlock had made a run for the crimnals, John followed after him Lestrade sent (Y/N) on pursuit for them eventhough she didn't like Sherlock she did her job. The three of them stopped dead in their tracks, the crimnal was carrying a knife, he went to grab Sherlock and (Y/N) stood infront of him. The criminal grabbed (Y/N) by the wrist and started to cut her. She yelped in pain, Suddenly he threw the knife in her direction then made a run for it, John pushed her out of the way she skidded across the concrete as the knife lodged it self into John, he let out a loud scream.

"Sally, bring Anderson and Lestrade, send them to our location now,you come too bring the first aid kit" (Y/N) called on the radio. "Come on John, you'll survive" Sherlock said taking his scarf off "(Y/N) I would come and help you but John's in a more critcal state" Sherlock said "I know, I would help but I'm in a state too" (Y/N) replied.

Sherlock heard sirens in the distance "that's Lestrade" he said. Lestrade came followed by Sally and Anderson carrying the first aid kit "Sally, Anderson you help (Y/N)" Lestrade said. Anderson noticed the pool of blood around (Y/N)'s arm "Sally, we're going to need more than just a bangage and some gauze" he said "Well that's all we've got" she replied carrying the first aid kit. Sally imeddiatly saw the pool of blood "Lestrade you might want to see this" she said, "See what?" he asked.

Lestrade took one look at (Y/N)'s arm "I see, Well I'll take Sherlock and John in my car, you take Anderson's car and stop the bleeding" Lestrade said before helping Sherlock get John into the back of the car. "I'll be able to see better once we're in the car" Sally said, She picked up the first aid kit and Anderson helped (Y/N) up and walk to the car. Lestrade had already driven off "Is this critical enough for sirens?" Anderson asked "I think so" Sally said "I didn't even know forensics had sirens." "Well, we do have our surprises" Anderson said. They were enroute to the hosptial.

John was in surgery, when they had just finished stitching (Y/N)'s arm up "You've not lost as much blood as we thought, You'll be fine to go home now or wait for Dr Watson to come out of surgery. If you need to you can take some painkillers for the pain as stitches can be painful." the doctor said before leaving "I think we should wait with Lestrade, in case John can give evidence" Sally said "Good idea" (Y/N) replied. They went outside to the waiting room "How are you?" Lestrade asked "Fine, It wasn't that bad, but I regret leaving my jacket at the yard it's cold in here" (Y/N) replied. "Well it's a good job I brought this" Anderson said holding out her fleece jacket "Anderson, you're a life saver" (Y/N) replied putting her jacket on and then kissing him on the cheek "Guys please not here" Sherlock said "And why not?" (Y/N) asked "It's a public place, and I don't think that it is apropreate to be kissing you boyfriend on the job either" Sherlock replied "Guys enough, don't start" Lestrade said.

"Dr Watson is awake from surgery, you can talk to him now" the doctor said. All of them went into his room, "John, you were stabbed, do you remember anything?' Sherlock asked "Only the ambulance ride to the hospital" John replied "That wasn't an ambulance, I drove you." Sherlock replied "but I heard a siren" John said "Yeah that was Lestrade" Sherlock replied. "I'm sorry, I got nervous" Lestrade said "That's okay, Greg" John said "(Y/N) what happended to you?" "He cut my arm the the knife he stabbed you with" (Y/N) replied. Sherlock was hiding his hand "Sherlock why are you hiding your hand?" Lestrade asked "Well, I didn't want to cause stress but I had to pull the knife and the handle had snapped off so I only had the choice of pulling the blade and it sliced my hand" Sherlock replied showing the deep wound "Sherlock we need to get that stitched now" Lestrade said dragging him out of the room to the doctor.

Lestrade came back without Sherlock "They've taken him into surgery to check the wound over without him moaning or screaming at them" he said "Where's (Y/N)?" Sally pointed over at the chair Sherlock was sat in "Ah, tired I bet, you know they are all gonna be fine you three should head back home I'll stay for Sherlock" Lestrade said.