Chapter 7

Previously on Chapter 6

"I hope you'll like this Y/N..." I said to myself. Then I close it again. I smile happily to myself and start to walk back towards Y/N and the others.

-Elemental Monster and New Hero-

Y/N P.O.V

I'm just casually walking with Ned and his girlfriend. Now I know how Ned felt when he hangs around me and Peter. This must be what it felt like to be a third wheel.

"So... Y/N... how's your relationship with Peter?" I heard Betty said. I turn my head to look at her. "It's going well..." I said. "I see..." she said. She turns to look at Ned.

"Is she always this silent?" She asked. "No... she was very social. But after what happened..." Ned stops himself after I turn to him with a sharp glare, letting him know that I don't want him to talk about what happened... about my dad's death. Betty looks at us back and forth, looking confused.

"I have to go..." I said. I turn around to walk away. But I feel a hand grab my wrist. "What?" I turn to look at Ned who is the one that stops me. "Don't go... I'm sorry. Betty didn't know what happened to you. Peter asked me to accompany you. He'll be angry with me if I let you wonder off on your own..." he said. I let out a sigh and nod my head.

I turn my head to look at the water. Then I notice something moving. 'What's that?' I thought to myself. Then the ground begin to shake. I stumble on my spot, trying to keep balance.

Then from under the water a monster appear. It looks like water.

"Woah

"Woah... what's that??" Betty said next to me. I just froze in my spot. Flashbacks of the last war comes flashing in my mind... then my dad's death.

"Y/N! Come on! We have to run!!" Ned said. Betty grabs my wrist and start pulling me along with her. I snap out of my thought and starts to run along.

Peter P.O.V

Woah... what's that!! That looks like water monster. Okay! Snap out of it! I gotta fight that thing. But I can't be seen as Spider-Man. What should I do?!

I look around and spot a mask on the ground. I run towards it and put it on. I turn to the monster after activating my web shooter. Then I notice where it's heading. Y/N is in its path.

"Oh no you don't. I won't let you hurt my girl..." I said. I shoot my web towards a building and swing forward. I start shooting at the monster but it did nothing. That monster is made out of water! Water dilutes my web. Then how am I suppose to fight it?

Then out of no where a guy in a suit comes and start battling against the water monster. I stare at him in amazement. 'Who is that guy?' I thought to myself. Wow... he's amazing. But I have to help.

"Hey! Tell me what I gotta do! I can fight" I said. "You can protect the people" he said, pointing to the people who's frantically running around. "I got it!" I said. Then I swing towards the people. I land in a tower with a bell. There's a building that's about to collapse. Those people won't make it if they get hit.

I shoot my web towards that direction. But I got drag because of how heavy it was. I bit my head on the bell and man... that hurts! But now's not the time to think about the pain. I need to save these people and Y/N is among them.

I stand up, only to hit my head the second time. Now I'm getting dizzy. I shake my head, trying to stay awake.

The guy manage to destroy the monster. He gives me a nod, then he flies away. I breath heavily as I plop on the ground, exhausted.

Y/N P.O.V

That monster was destroyed. I best myself mentally for not being able to do anything. Why did I become SO weak! I used to fight them without hesitation, so why can't I do that now?! I look down as I start to cry softly. "Dad... I'm sorry for being so weak..." I said to myself.

I hear someone yelling out my name and look up to see Peter running towards me. He stops in front of me and pulls me into a tight hug.

"Oh God... I'm so glad you're alright..." he said, breathing into my hair. I hug his waist tightly. "I-I'm so s-sorry..." I said, as tears streams down my cheeks like a waterfall.

He pulls away and wipe my tears. He looks at me with concern. "Why are you sorry?" He asked. "For not being able to help you... I could off help you to fight that monster. But I froze up..." I said. "Y/N... it's okay... you're going through a trauma. Don't beat yourself up like that... okay?" He said. I just nod my head. He smiles softly and pulls me in for another hug.

We walk back towards the place we're staying. I head straight to my room. I flop myself for not the bed and stare at the ceiling.

I turn my head slightly to see a photo of my dad I've brought with me. I sit up, leaning my back against the head board. I reach over and grab the photo from the night stand. I stare at it and smile sadly.

I place my hand on the surface, caressing it softly

I place my hand on the surface, caressing it softly. "Hi dad... I can only see you through pictures and videos now... I can't talk to you... hold you... see you anymore. I miss you daddy... I'm so sorry... I'm so sorry I was so weak. If only I'm strong enough... I would have been able to heal you... and you would have still be here with me... I love you, dad... I never realize that I've never said that to you. Now you'll never be able to hear it..." I said. Droplets of tears begins to drip from my eyes and onto the glass of the framed photo.

I choke a sob as I hug the photo close to my chest. I lay down on my back, still hugging the photo. "Dad... I miss you so much..." I cried out. Exhaustion starts to take over and I drift off to sleep.

*to be continued*