Chapter 16

Previously on Chapter 15

He pulls away from the kiss, leaning his forehead on mine. "I'm happy to see you're back to the old you..." he said. "I'm sorry for the trouble and pain I caused you, Pete..." I said, tearing up. He gently wipe a tear that slips out of my eyes. "You're back. That's what matters to me..." he said. I smile softly at him. He smiles back and leans in for another kiss.

-Returning Home-

Y/N P.O.V

After the battle, we have to stay for a few more days. Then we can go back to Queens. I can't wait to go home. Mom would be so worried for me. Especially after what happened.

I'm currently packing my stuff. When I hear a knock at the door. I walk towards the door and opens it to reveal Peter. He smiles and pulls me into a hug. I let out a squeal and he starts twirling us around.

"That was so random..." I said, after he places me back on my feet. He lets out a chuckle as he grins at me. "I'm just happy to see you're back to the old you" he said. I smile and wrap my arms around his neck. He pulls me closer and leans his forehead against mine.

"I can't wait to go home..." I said. "Why?" He said. "I miss mom... she must be having a hard time because of the way I was acting" I said. "She will be so happy to see you're back..." he said, making me smile softly. He leans in and place a soft kiss on my lips. I smile even more as I kiss him back.

We pull away after a while. I grab his hand and pulls him with me. "You're still packing?" He said. "Yeah... but I'm almost done..." I said. "Okay. I'll just sit over here and wait..." he said, pointing to the couch in my room. I nod my head, smiling at him. Then I go back to packing my stuff.

Time-skip

We're now leaving the plane. I drag my suitcase with one hand, while the other is being held by Peter. He have a smile on his face.

I turn to my side to see Ned and Betty. "Hey" I said. Betty turns to me with a surprise expression. "Hey..." she said. "Look... I'm sorry for being kind of rude... I just have a hard time. I lost my dad..." I said. "Oh... I'm sorry to hear that, Y/N..." she said. I smile softly at her.

"Hey... do you guys wanna go on a double date?" I hear Peter said. "Oh... we broke up" Ned and Betty said together. "What? Why??" I said. "I know when people part ways is hard. But the memory we share together will always be a part of our life..." Ned said. I just look at him in confusion.

"You're really awesome!" Betty said, placing a hand on Ned's cheek. She just walks away after that. Ned turns to us and shrugs his shoulders. Then he walks away too.

Peter turns to me and smile. He lift his hand. I smile and place my hand on top of his to hold it. Then we make our way out of the airport.

"Aunt May!" Peter said, as soon as he saw her. She turns to him and smile widely. He rushes towards him, pulling her into a hug. I smile softly and make my way over to them.

"Y/N... heyy..." Aunt May said, as she turns to look at me. "Hey, Aunt May" I said, smiling at her. She grin and pulls me into a hug. I smile and hugs her back. I look over her shoulder to see mom.

"Pepper!" I said. Aunt May let me go. I rushes over to Mom and pulls her into a hug. She wraps her arms around me. "Y/N! Oh it's so good to see you again!" She said.

"I miss you..." I said,. "Oh I miss you too, sweetie... Peter told me that you're slowly back to the old you. It makes me so happy when I hear that..." she said. I nod my head, burying my face into the crook of her neck.

"I'm sorry for causing so much trouble, mom..." I said, after we pull away. Her eyes widen and they start to tear up. "You just called me mom..." she said. "Well... of course... you're married to dad. Sooo..." I said. She grins and pulls me into a tight hug. I smile softly to myself as I hug her back.

***

I walk inside my house. I smile softly to myself as I make my way upstairs to my room. I place my bag on the bed and suitcase on the floor. I let myself fall backward into the bed.

"I'm finally back home... it was such a trip" I said. I glance to my side to see Dad's picture on the night stand. I sit up and scoot closer towards it and gently pick it up.

"Hey, Dad

"Hey, Dad... I'm slowly back to the way I used to be. It's still hard to live and accept that you're gone. But I promise... I'll try my best" I said. I place a soft kiss on his photo and hug it close to my chest.

"Y/N! Come and eat!" I hear mom calls out for me. I smile and place the photo back in its place. "Coming Mom!!" I said, making my way outside. I head to the dining room. I help mom prepare the table.

"It's okay... you just got back from your trip. I'll take care of everything" she said. "Nope... I'm helping. I'm not that tired anyway..." I said. "So stubborn. Just like your father..." she said. She froze as soon as she said that.

"I'm so sorry, sweetie..." she said. "It's okay... I'll be okay now" I said, smiling at her. She smiles back at me and pulls me into a hug. "I'm so happy... your father would be so proud of you, sweetie..." she said. I nod my head and hugs her back.

She pulls away and gently make me sit down. "But I am still preparing everything. So... stay. put." she said, sternly. "Okay, mom..." I said, gulping. She's scary when she's angry or just being stern. She let out a giggle and walk away to grab our food. I let out a sigh of relief once she's out of sight.

"Damn... mom is scary" I said. "I heard that!!" She said. "I didn't say anything!" I said, panicked. I hear her laugh, making me roll my eyes. Eventually I start to laugh as well.

It's good to be back

*to be continued*