0.3

I've been so mentally unwell lately that I'm living off of iced coffee, monsters, blueberries, and dino nugs...

I don't even like coffee! It gives me tummy troubles and headaches-

The locker room reeked of sweat, old spice, and dirty socks. Percy nearly gagged at the stench but oddly missed it.

He always had to drop off Gatorade in Kaine's gym locker while he practiced because he constantly forgot it. Isaiah was one of the football coaches and always reminded Kaine, but the boy forgot every time.

Percy was secretly happy to get back into the routine of stepping into the smelly locker room and struggling to open his locker.

While Percy was twisting the lock, he heard a voice. A loud but honey-like voice.

"What are you doing in here?"

The blonde jumped at the sound echoing through the empty room, spinning around. He sighs in relief, seeing who it was.

"Oh, it's just you, Sore Eye." I didn't know he surfed AND played football!

"It's Sorin, jackass." Percy just chuckles in response, his heart rate picking up at the sight of the pretty boy. "Why are you in here?"

Percy successfully opened Kaine's locker, mentally cheering for himself. "I'm stealing everyone's sweaty knee pads." Sorin furrowed his brows, unsure if Percy was serious or not. "I'm kidding, I'm bringing my brother gatorade."

"Your brother's on the team?"

Percy nodded, sliding the two large bottles in the messy, crammed locker. "My dad's also a coach."

Sorin went to a supply closet, Percy didn't realize he was holding a lanyard of keys. "Who's your dad and brother?"

"Kaine King and Coach King."

Sorin unlocked the door, his brows furthering even deeper. He looked at Percy, checking again to see if there was any sarcasm or humor on his face.

"Uh..." Sorin cleared his throat, turning the knob. "Percy, I don't know how to tell you this... but I'm 93 percent sure you're adopted..."

Percy nearly wheezed, he got that response often. "They're my stepdad and stepbrother."

Sorin disappeared into the closet, in search of something. "Oh! Kaine's your stepbro?" Percy could practically see Sorin wiggling his brows.

"Shut up!"

The blonde came out with a large crate with stacks of orange cones. Percy wondered why Sorin, a new guy, was given keys and a task and not a player that the coaches have known for years.

Then again, everyone deserves a chance to see if they're reliable.

"You should come out and watch, we could use some fans." Sorin kicked the door shut, struggling to lock it again. "I'm sure the cheerleaders would love the attention, too."

Percy rolled his eyes jokingly, "I don't like the cheerleaders."

"Then look at us sweaty guys tackling each other, if that floats your boat."

Before the dirty blonde could respond, Sorin left the locker room, snickering softly at Percy's wide eyes.

Fuck, he's pretty.

No, no, no, no, do not start falling for someone so soon! No!

I just want to be his friend...

Keep it that way.

With a grumble, Percy went out to the field. It was better than staying in the car for another two hours, playing games on his dying phone.