0.14

Percy figured out that the person who requested to hang out was Seth! He had no idea how he got his number.

The blonde asked Kaine, who heavily assured Percy he would never give his number, especially not without Percy's permission. Oakley also confirmed she didn't.

Oakley and Kaine won Homecoming, as expected. They were an adorable couple and very talented. Percy couldn't stop smiling when he saw his best friend and brother get crowned in the middle of the football field.

Percy was somewhat relieved football season was over with. No more waiting for a sweaty Kaine, but he probably still had weight lifting after school.

It's been nearly 2 months since Percy has left the hospital, his weight didn't go up as his doctor and therapist wanted it too.

But, it was a slow process and Percy just mumbled he'd try harder. The only thing he'd try to do was to remember to put rocks in his pocket before his next weigh in.

Percy lifted the white stick to his mouth, inhaling deeply. After a moment of the smoke filling his lungs, he let the breath out, tapping the burning end against his finger, the ashes falling on the cold dirt.

He's been breathing in more nicotine than air lately. And exhaling more smoke than carbon dioxide.

He knew he was becoming addicted again. If he went a day or two without a hit of a pod or a cigarette, he'd start shivering. He'd start sweating coldly. He'd start getting horrible headaches and nauesous.

The cravings were awful, he thought about smoking during lunch instead of eating. He came up with excuses to give Oakley just so he can starve and smoke.

Oh how he missed the burn in his lungs. He couldn't believe he let himself go 8 weeks before without sweet nicotine.

Percy also knew he'd be in deep shit if anyone found out about his smoking and meal skipping. Kaine would freak out more than their mom.

He didn't care though, he hoped he wouldn't get caught. Fucking hoped.

Percy walked back inside, not wanting to talk to anyone. Be around anyone. Hear anyone.

Percy thought when football ended, that meant half the team wouldn't come over every week. But no. That was not the case at all.

Some of the guys from weight lifting came over, to just hang. Percy grumbles at the news, but Kaine was graduating this year and needed to spend time with friends.

He opened the door, the sound of the tv and boys laughter filling the house. He understood why Sebastian always hid away to do puzzles.

Percy didn't spare the group of boys a glance while going to his room, feeling weary.

A nap sounded so nice. So so nice. Just sleeping the test of the day away sounded nice.

But Percy knew he had so much homework to do. So much laundry to do. So much things to do that he didn't have the motivation to succeed.

"Just lay down."

"Just let me."

"Just trust me."

"Just let me."

"Just shut up."

"Just let me."

"Just suck it."

"Just let me."

"Just let me."

"Just let me."

The words echoed through Percy's head like a broken record, he cringed at the voice. The voice that seemed to haunt him like a ghost.