0.4

Percy dreaded today. He would rather jump into a pit of lava than have a weigh-in.

Because of the time, it was scheduled, Percy would have to already eaten breakfast, morning snack, and lunch.

He knew he gained, not sure how much, but he knew he gained. And that scared that shit out of him.

"Do you want eggs?"

Percy looked up, ice crackling with cold coffee. Kaine woke up early to make coffee and put a cup in the fridge so it would be cold enough for Percy's iced coffee when he woke up.

"Sure."

"Yokey?"

"Sure."

Amberly scoffs, crossing her arms. Kaine raised a brow at her, "what?"

"Aren't you going to offer to make me eggs?"

The dark-haired boy rolled his eyes, grabbing a pan. "Make your own." Amber scoffs overdramatically again, it was annoying. "What kind?"

"Well, now I don't want any."

Percy filled a glass cup up, leaving little room for almond milk. He was tired of drinking coffee with unsweetened almond milk and a small spoonful of Splenda.

He wanted more sweetness but didn't want it to become a habit to put creamer in his coffee.

As Percy poured almond milk, he considered. Considered just adding a splash of creamer.

It wouldn't hurt, right? Just a bit? Kaine wouldn't mind if I used some of his.

It's dairy, cream, and sugar, two fattening things.

A little won't do anything, it's just today. I can just eat half of lunch for it.

No, I need to challenge myself and still eat regularly even if I eat something I am scared of.

"Kaine?" The older boy hummed, grabbing eggs from the fridge. "Can...uh... I use some of your creamer?"

Kaine's eyes widened with surprise, he was glad he wasn't facing Percy. He knew Percy didn't like when people looked shocked when he tried something new.

"Sure!" Kaine set the eggs on the counter, glancing at Percy. Just to make sure he was okay.

"You're using creamer?" His sister's tone seemed bitter and rude as if it was a crime to want a bit of creamer in coffee.

"Amber, shut up!" Kaine hisses, handing Percy the creamer. Duct tape was on the nutritional label, like a majority of the food in the house. Percy was grateful for that but it was also frustrating.

He opened it, swallowing harshly.

You don't need creamer.

I don't need a lot of things, but creamer is nice.

Creamer is unhealthy, sugary, and will make you fat. You have a weigh-in today.

Fuck. I do.

"Salt?" Percy looks up, furrowing his brows at Kaine. "Do you want salt on your eggs?"

Oh fuck, not salt.

"Just a little."

With a shaky breath, Percy tips the creamer over, watching as the white liquid flows out, lightening the coffee.

It was just a bit, just a splash, but Percy was proud of himself for even considering creamer.

"That's a lot."