0.25

tHe MoMeNt We'Ve aLL bEeN wAiTinG fOr- nah jk, no one's dying yet.

I deleted this chapter, rewrote part of it, deleted half of that, then rewrote it again... So I'm sorry if it's kinda shitty-

The first half is just explaining shit and skipping over stuff ig-

ALSO THIS IS UNEDITED SO DONT MAKE FUN OF MY MISTAKES TOO BADLY🍑👑!!

Percy didn't get much better over the last few weeks. Thanksgiving was extremely difficult for Percy, being around judgy old people didn't help either.

Percy spent most of Thanksgiving break trying to bring his grades up. Luckily, most of his teachers accepted the late work, only deducting 10-15 points.

Of course Mrs. Lesbian only gave him half credit, but it was better than having a 8% in the class.

Percy and Sorin started to hang out a lot more, being awfully cheesy but platonic. They weren't official yet, they haven't even talked about dating yet.

He's pretty sure his parents knew something was up. He was always smiling at his phone, always begging them to let him go to Sorin's, and brought the blonde up often.

"C'mon."

"You said it wouldn't be a long trail..."

"A mile isn't long."

The fuck does he mean a mile isn't long?! I thought it'd be a 5 minute walk, not 20!

Percy huffs and continues walking beside Sorin, dead leaves crunching underneath their shoes. Percy stuffed his cold hands in his hoodie pocket, the thick clothing not helping much with warmth.

The sun was gone, they only had a bit of time left before it was completely dark. Stars were already popping up in the sky.

Percy was just glad he didn't have to carry the tent like Sorin was. However, he was carrying his own bag and a bag full of a weekends worth of food.

"What if it rains?"

"It shouldn't, I checked the weather, but if it does, we'll just watch rain drops race in the tent."

Percy hums and looked around the woods while walking. He wandered if there were any raccoons or bears or bobcats or any wild animals in general around.

"What if we get attacked by an owl?"

Sorin blinks, glancing over at the dirty blonde with a blank look. "You're really putting too much thought into this, the fuck is an owl going to do?"

"They can turn their heads all the way around! And they can sit criss-cross apple sauce! And they have knees!"

Sorin doesn't reply for a solid minute, opening his mouth but shutting it after a second. He wasn't sure what to say, how to respond to the seriousness and fear in Percy's tone.

"I'm sure we'll be okay..." Sorin clears his throat, hoisting the bags higher in his arms.

It wasn't too long before they got to the spot Sorin was looking for. A small stream was nearby, little fish and tadpoles swimming around the bank.

They hurried to put the tent up, well, Sorin did most of it, Percy just grew frustrated with it.

It was a fairly large tent, both will have enough room and won't have to be right on top of each other.

After making a fire and eating dinner, which was warmed soup, the two set everything up inside.

Percy hasn't slept in a tent since he was little, he hated it because it was small and he was trapped between Kaine and the tent wall.