0.22

Percy frantically ran around his room, searching through his closet.

Too baggy.

Too tight.

I can't wear a hoodie on a first date!

Too bright.

Too bland.

Isn't that Oakley's shirt?

Percy's eyes landed on a black and white, plaid flannel, considering. A plain white shirt would look good under this, it's not too tight or too big. Quite roomy.

The blonde happily planned the rest of his outfit out, which was the flannel, a plain, white t-shirt, black skinny jeans with small rips in the knees, and black vans.

He was so proud of his outfit, he felt comfortable and confident. He didn't feel like a twig or a pig.

Percy stressfully ran his fingers through his thin hair, frowning when strands easily came out. He stared at them, unsure how to feel.

Fucking hell...

I'm not even 17 and I'm already balding...

Fuck. This is why no one loves me.

A small ding of Percy's phone brought him out of his negative bubble. He hurried to it, beaming at the notification.

Sore-Eye🌞- I'll be there in 5 :))

Me- okay :)

Was that smiley face too desperate? Maybe I should've sent something else.

Oh god, what if that was dry and he thinks I'm now not interested?

The door opened, making Percy quickly whip around.

"Awe, look at you, all dressed up for your date."

"Shut up."

Kaine chuckles, watching as his brother nervous kept glancing at his phone.

Percy was glad his parents were out grocery shopping, the blonde didn't want to explain anything. Both would get protective if they knew Percy was going on a date.

"You aren't going to say anything to him, right?"

Kaine only shrugs in reply, sending Percy a gentle smirk. The blonde glares playfully, shoving Kaine's shoulder.

There was another ding on Percy's phone, making him gasp happily.

Sore-Eye🌞- There's a crash on the intersection... So it might be a few minutes longer, I'm sorry.

What if he's saying this to stall and doesn't show up?

What if he cancels?

What if he was just joking?

Me- Alrighty, that's fine!! Take ur time :)

I sound like an old man...

"Everything okay?"

"Hes just running a bit late because there's a crash..." Percy gulps, setting his phone down. He hoped Sorin wasn't lying. "Just another few minutes though."

Percy took the next few minutes to brush his teeth, reapply deodorant and cologne, and straighten up his outfit.

"Please be honest, how do I look?"

Kaine gave a long stare at Percy, his eyes moving up, down, and around. He dramatically stepped to the sides, examining every angle.

It only made Percy even more nervous.