Chapter 64

"You're kidding, right? He actually tried to run away?" Cassie shrugged as she said, "More or less. Thankfully, he doesn't know taxis don't run through our neighborhood and you have to walk down to the next block." Ethan looked to his little brother, then sighed.

"I'm sorry, mom. I keep fucking up. I'm still not used to being a big brother. I don't know how to act or what to say!" Cassie rubbed his back as she told him, "It's okay. You'll get it down sooner or later. Believe me, your Uncle Casey was the same way. I implore you to ask him because he was the worst big brother for years and he had older brother's to look up to! It's not an easy job, but it will get easier. Why don't you start by bringing him some pie with extra whipped cream?"

She handed him an empty plate and Ethan took it with a smile. "Thanks, mom. And thanks for letting me stay here for...I don't know how long." She rubbed his back and said, "You're my baby. You're not going to live on the streets in Florida, although you could have used the house there."

He shrugged as he told her, "I know, but I missed you guys. Besides, I couldn't not be here for Thanksgiving. I missed the last two, I didn't want to miss this one." He cut a giant piece of pumpkin pie and slapped it on the plate. He put so much whipped cream on top, the paper plate started to slant.

Cassie shook her head and laughed, then watched as he brought it over to Brooklyn. Of course the eight year old in him was ecstatic to find so much pie and so much whipped cream on his plate! He hugged his big brother, then very happily ate his pie any other mother would cringe at.

"How's it going?" Ben asked as he went up beside his wife. She leaned up against him and smiled at her boys. "It's going perfect. It's even more perfect that mom his hosting this and not us!" Ben let out a roaring laugh.

"Hey!" Don playfully shouted as he made his way over. "What in the hell could you two possibly be happy about now?" He put his muscular arm around Ben's neck. Ben took it like a champ and pretended like he wasn't being choked by his father in law.

Cassie could see the look on his face and couldn't help but laugh. "The fact we are not the ones hosting Thanksgiving," she told her dad. He squeezed Ben's neck tighter. "I'm thankful for that every year. Where are my grandkids?"

Ben pointed over to where Ethan, Brooklyn, Cillian, Madison, and Robby were hanging out on the couch. Don thanked Ben, then released his neck and walked over to them. Ben let out a gasping breath.

"You good?" Cassie asked with a laugh. He nodded, then leaned his forehead against her's. "Just need to get my vocal cords realigned," he said in a hoarse voice. She laughed and gave him a kiss. "Thank you for entertaining him whenever he does shit like that. I don't think he notices, but it does mean he likes you!"

They got home—with plenty of leftovers to last for days—and got ready to have a little movie night together. Because Brooklyn, Madison and Robby were passed out, it ended up being Cassie, Ben, Ethan, and Cillian.

It was nice with it just being the four of them again. It hasn't been this way since a little after Brooklyn was born. Ben and Cassie wanted to show Ethan and Cillian that just because there was a new baby around, it didn't mean they cared any less. So, they took them out to a fun dinner and a movie. It's been almost ten years since then!

During the movie, Ethan got a phone call. As he stepped away to answer it, Ben paused the movie and stretched out his tired limbs. "Have you thought about coming to my play next month?" Cillian asked his dad.

Ben gave him an odd look. "What's there to think about?" He asked. "Of course I'm going! We bought the tickets last week and now that Ethan is home for the offseason, we got him a ticket as well. Your mum and I talked, she's got a work conference down there anyways, so she'll be there, too."