Chapter 21

"Wow! Come on, Cill, look!" Cillian came running out, his hair shuffled and with the same excited look on his face as Ethan. "Oh, wow!" Both boys dove in for their Christmas presents, while Cassie and Ben came out yawning and in bathrobes.

Donna was already up and dressed, which Cassie did not and could not understand. It's Christmas morning. It's basically a law to be in your pajamas all day! "Wait for your parents," Donna scolded at the boys. "Cass, Ben, there's coffee waiting for you in the kitchen."

Ben went in and grabbed them each a cup before sitting down on the couch. "Alright," Cassie sighed, "go for it." Her and Ben smiled as the boys ripped their presents open. Everything they pulled out, they absolutely loved.

Unfortunately, they couldn't go all out for the boys because they needed to fit these things on a plane, but they didn't seem to mind. Once they were done opening their gifts, Ben handed Cillian one more and it was heavy.

"A PlayStation!" Cillian shouted in excitement. "I've finally got one! Yes!" He leaped into his father's arms and gave him a hug. Ben couldn't help laughing at his son's joy. "You deserve it, buddy," he said in his ear. "I love you. Merry Christmas."

Cillian looked to his dad and said, "I love you, too, dad." He gave Ben a kiss on the cheek. Ethan made his way over to Cassie and gave her a hug. "Thank you for everything, mom," he told her. She hugged him tight and kissed his head. "You're welcome, baby. Why don't you go show Cill how to set up his PlayStation?"

The boys sprinted into the bedroom and locked theirselves in for, what Cassie assumed was going to be, the entire rest of the day.

"Maybe I should have waited to give that to him," Ben chuckled. Cassie shrugged as she told him, "It's fine. We'll get them to come out eventually. In the meantime, I did get something for you." She pulled a small box out of her robe and handed it to him.

Curiously, he opened it and found something that made him laugh. "Is this a pocket sized law book?" He asked. She nodded as she told him, "It is! That way, you can get to work on passing your bar exam for here. I know it's different from the U.K. and it might take a while, but at least you'll get a head start with that."

He smile widely at the book as he flipped through the pages. "Thank you," he told her. "Really, this is amazing. I have another interview the week we get back, so I'll be sure to study up." He gave her a hug and looked as if he wanted to say something.

Although she didn't know what he wanted to say, she knew he couldn't say it because Donna was still in the room. She was rocking in her chair and had her eyes glued to the Christmas movie playing on T.V. It doesn't seem like she'll be leaving today, so they would have to endure her.

For the rest of the day, Ben and Cassie lounged in their robes and watched television with Donna. It got annoying when she would ask questions or talk during the movies, but Ben and Cassie laughed it off.

Eventually, they made Ethan and Cillian come out and join them. The boys weren't too happy about that, but they didn't complain too much. However, they did complain about being hungry. Donna insisted they go out and get something, but Cassie was against it.

"Mom, I am not going to sit in a restaurant or go to a grocery store and make someone take care of my needs, when they could be home with their families," she said. "I remember hating when people would come into the restaurant on Christmas because that meant I couldn't be home with any of you guys. It just isn't fair."

Donna scoffed at her, which slightly shocked Cassie. She used to be the woman that said every place should be closed on Christmas. She would be so upset if Cassie had to leave to work right after opening presents, or if she couldn't be home in time for the big Christmas Eve party.