Awake

Liam's Pov

"Liam, Liam, wake up." someone shook me.  I mumbled gibberish and peeled my eye's open.  Still in the waiting room, but it seemed a lot brighter than before.  Dani stood before me with a gentle smile, her curly hair was now in a bun. 

"what time is it?" I asked.  I stretched out my body and stood up, then hugged her.  I buried my head in her shoulder, she was warm.  She rubbed my back a little then pulled out of the hug and checked her phone for the time.

"about three thirty, they just told us the surgery is almost finished and all has gone well so far" she smiled.  I smiled back.

"that's great" I replied.

"Liam, step outside with me for a minute, please?" Dani asked.  I felt worried but nodded and we walked to the elevator and got outside.

"is everything alright, babe?" I asked.  too many bad situations raced through my mind.

"yes, I just want to talk to you.  Look, I know you care about Scarlett, so does everyone else.  Perrie, El and I were talking and we agreed, you have to take things down a notch, stop trying to control everything around you.  It's like trying to make the wind stop blowing, you can tell it not to and you and say 'stop' but it just wont happen.  Scarlett is like the wind, you can't force her.  I'm not saying anything drastic, just don't have such a tight grip on her, that's all" Dani told me.

I didn't say anything, I let everything sink in.  And it was all true, I had tried to control everything.

I have to make a promise to myself, things need to change. I can't hold Scarlett back forever, I can't control her, and I can't force her to do anything. Maybe it's time I step back, let her be the best sister she is. I guess I can still protect her, but i need to stop trying to control everything.

"your'e right, thank you for telling me" I said to Dani.  She gave a relieved smile and put her hand out.  I took it in mine and we walked back into the hospital, the elevator and finally the waiting room where everyone was still there.

"um, excuse me?" someone tapped my shoulder.  i turned around to see a short woman.  She had dark brown hair which cascaded down her back and eye's in a matching dark brown.  Her skin had few imperfections and she wasn't very tanned.  Her name tag read 'Susan'.

"yes?" I asked, I felt in a better mood than before.

"Mr.Styles and Ms.Payne are both done with surgery, however they are both still sedated but will wake up soon.  You may go in their room to welcome them, if you'd please?" she asked.  A smile spread wide across my face and I turned around to see everyone smile just as much.

"yes, please" I said.  Everyone stood up and we walked as a group to the room.  The nurse left the room, closing the door, leaving us in private with the two.  Tears poured from my eyes and joy flooded me, they are both alive.  I walked to the side of Scarlett's bed. 

Scarlett's Pov

I tried to open my eyes but even with all my strength they stayed shut. I felt weary, confused, lost. I didn't know where I was or why I was there. The constant beep of machines and powerful smell of rubbing alcohol assured my mind I was in a hospital. as the cherry on top to my situation the only thing I can feel is pain, everywhere. I wish I could move but that's a wish, not reality.

I ran through things in my mind, at least I still have my memory. Oh god, is Harry alright?!

I heard foot steps and wait for a voice.  Two arms wrapped tight around myu body, they were strong and warm, familiar.  A sweet scent of cherry blossoms replaced the previous scent and I knew it was Liam.  Judging by all the sounds, everyone else was there too..

"I can't believe I almost lost you" he cried.  I gathered every last bit of strength and put my arms around his neck, gently.  I felt tears on my shoulder, my own slipped out from my eyes as well/

"awe, don't cry, Li, you could never lose me" I voice murmured to him.  He pulled away and I pried my eyes open to see him.  I looked around the room at everyone, then my eyes were glued to Harry.

"some- someone tell me he's alright?" I cried a little.  I'd never be able to live knowing I caused his death, it was bad enough I caused him so much pain.  But his death, I just couldn't.

"he's fine" Eleanor answered. 

"El" I said, she came to me and hugged me tight.  They all took turns hugging me, Simon was even there.  But there was someone in the corner, someone I couldn't fully see.

"Scar, how do you feel?" Liam asked.

"like I could run a marathon, how do you think I feel?" I said, sarcasm noted

"ha ha, good answer" Lou laughed.  I finally managed to make our the face in the corner, Rosa.  I hadn't seen her in months.  How could she even THINK of coming back?!

I filled with rage.

"everyone, could I speak with Rosa, alone?" I asked.  They all cleared out the room and she came to me.  Eyes filled with hope.

"h-hi" she said timidly.

"hi?  I don't see or talk to you for months, your stupid dare screws up my life, you make me ruin everything good I had going and you say hi?!  How fucking dare you come back around here!   I should have known, this would happen.  Nothing good ever fucking comes of you!" I almost yelled.  Her once hope full eyes were now full of tears but I didn't care.  She deserved it.

"but, Scarlett.." she sad.

"but, nothing, just get the fuck out." I stated.  I was done with this.  She left the room, head hung low.

Of course I felt bad, who wouldn't?  But it had to be done, she shows up after this long and never contacted me?  Um, no, that just doesn't happen around here.

Surprisingly enough, Harry is still knocked out.  It bothers me for a second but the ever so soft sound of his breath assures me my curly haired friend is still with me, still by my side, still in my heart.

~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~~

Hey guys!  So, thank you so much for everything!   You are all so wonderful, seriously!  So, please comment/vote/fan it really means a ton when you do!  I love you guys!  Ciao!  xx