Chapter 12

Jessica- He Loves Me...

I can't believe me and Amber are sisters. We look nothing alike. We do have some of the same habits and we always have had that sisterhood between the two of us. I'm not going to lie to y'all right now I'm being salty as hell. I just can't stop the questions that keep flowing through my head. How could she not tell me that my best friend is my sister? The fact that they both knew and didn't tell us. I have a lot of questions for my sperm downer. Why did he choose to raise Amber and not me? Was I not pretty enough? Was my mother not enough? Why did he have marry Amber bitch of a mother? No wonder the trick was looking at me sideways. She even tried to force Amber not to be friends with me at one point.

The question I want the answer to the most is why now? Why did he decide to be father of the year after how many years of seeing me knowing I was only fifteen minutes away from his house? My life is so fucked up right now everything is falling apart I need my best friend but my pride won't allow it. I'm sitting here in this hospital bed crying my eyes out for my unborn child. I called Jake to tell him about it and he has refused every last one of my calls. I felt pathetic looking at my phone ever five minutes waiting to see if he would call me back and say something or respond to me. The only people in the room was me and Amber. She sat in the corner staring at me from afar.

"Don't look at me like that?"

"Were you even going to tell me?"

"Why would I tell you it wasn't your business or our problem?" She looked hurt by my words but I wasn't exactly in the mood to play nice right now. I was sick and tired of being compared to Mrs. Prefect patty.

"How in the he'll do you forget to tell your best friend you were two months pregnant? Or at least tell me something about it? I would have help you Jessica."

"I was going to tell you that day at the mall but you disappeared before I could say anything to you. You were too busy hugged up on some dude. I tried to explain myself at school and you just dismissed me."

"Ok so I was a bitch to you but I had every reason to be. You were already a month along before you even considered telling me." I spoke to her starting to get pissed off.

"The reason I've been ignoring you is because I was mad at you about our dad. He choose you over me and I'm just sick of not being good enough for anybody! I mean you have your mom and mine and our daddy. You're never there for me I feel like I'm always making you feel better about yourself. And you're not here for me everything has always been easy for you."

"Jessica what are you talking about! Our dad? I don't have my mom she left. She left me and now you're sitting here telling me all this carp and for what. Everything being easy for me you can stop with that shit right now. If this is how you feel then what's the point in being friends. I'm not there for you. Really. Who was their when your mom caught you sneaking out? Me. Who was their when you ditched me and gave me your ass to kiss when you damn near died after your so called friends jumped you and left you on the street. Who was their? Me. When Jake left you the first time who was their? Me. Better yet who is here now? Me. You on the other hand have never been there for me. When my granddaddy died and I called you where were you then? You were too busy with that no good peace of shit you call a boyfriend or should I say ex-boyfriend. After all the shit you have done for him he still left your ass. I have always been there for you! I don't recall you ever standing up for me you just stood on the sidelines watching with everyone else. Last but not least I don't recall you being their when I was sitting in my bathroom trying to kill myself!" she yelled at me crying her eyes out at this point my mom and Robert bother were back in the room. All I could think about was that night. Amber must have called me a thousand times but I didn't answer because I was with Jake. "The reality is that you don't care about me, and that's fine because I don't need you to be my hero."

"Amber you need to calm down. Now, Jessica, you need to speak to these officers and tell them who gave you the drugs. And don't even think about saying anything back to me! You either talk to then or there holding you under arrest for child endangerment. They already know Jake gave you the drugs."

"Who told you that?" I was hurt with the thought of even throwing Jake under the bus, but my hands were tied. He wasn't leaving me with much of a choice.

"Amber told us."

"You just couldn't help it, could you? Everything that makes me happy you have you steal it away! Damn I wish you would get a fucking life and stay out of mine! No wonder Blake left your ass behind!" I looked at my best friend heartbroken at a loss for words I didn't know what to say. I simply walked out of the room and left. It was abundantly clear that I wasn't wanted here.