Chapter 20

Amber- What Now...

I woke up to an empty bed Andre must have gone out. I turned to see a breakfast try sitting next to me with a note from Andre and some fruit salad and ginger ale. I instantly felt guilty for pushing him away. I've been really distant with him lately. I still feel sick and I just need space to figure some stuff out. I sat in bed and ate my fruit salad and drank my ginger ale while I sat there and watched sponge bob. Don't judge sponge bob is the shit. I finished the last of the fruit before I had to jump up and rush to the bathroom. I emptied the contents of my stomach into the toilet. Once I regained my strength I stood up and walked over to the sink and I started to brush my teeth. I looked in the mirror as tears cascaded down my face. I have eliminated every possibility for my sudden sickness except one.

I walked into my bedroom after I was done brushing my teeth. Found my purse and pulled out the pregnancy test I had bought yesterday. I called Andre over so he could be here with me while I took the test. I was surprised when he answered, but once he got her all I wanted was for him to hold me. I was scared shitless of might happen. I walked back into my bathroom and took the test. The instructions said I would have to wait five minutes for the results. I turned on my shower and striped and stepped in.

A million thoughts ran through my mind. How in the hell am I going to raise a baby. I'm only in my last year of high school I have to go to college them and make something of myself. Why didn't I stop him? Memories of the night me Andre shared ran through my mind as I washed my body. I now regret the night we shared, how in the hell am I going to tell him that I may be pregnant with his child how is he going to react. How will I tell my daddy? My dad preaches on the fact that I will graduate with honors that I won't become a statistic. He prides himself on the fact that I won't walk across that stage and receive my diploma without a baby bump. I rinsed my body and steeped out of the shower after a quick shower. I rapped myself in my towel I headed for my closet. I picked out something simple to wear. My outfit consisted of pair of black tights and my dad's old college t-shirt that was way too big on me. I walked back into my room quickly moisturizing my body and putting on my cloths. I walked into the bathroom preparing myself for the results of the pregnancy test. I looked on my bathroom counter down at the test to see what it said.

Positive

Positive

Positive

All three test positive. I can't sit here in denial any more I have to face the fact that I laid down on my back and did this to myself. I'm going to have to woman up and tell my loved ones that I'm going to be a mother. This must be a part of God's plan maybe this baby is the one thing to bring me back to who I really am. I should be happy I will finally have somebody to love me unconditionally and not ask for anything in return. I lightly brushed my hand across my stomach. Mixed emotions ran through my mind as I realized I maybe a mother. I walked into my room to make an appointment to make sure everything was normal. I called the doctor's office and mad an appointment for later this afternoon. After I got off the phone with the doctor's office I started to dial Andre's number but before I could call I heard somebody banging on my front door. Whoever it was were bond to get their ass kicked banging on my damn door like that. I walked to the door and opened it to see Andre.

"What the hell is wrong with you? Why in the hell you bagging on my damn door? What the fuck is wrong with you?"

"You that's what's wrong with me."

"What the fuck are you talking about?"

"So you just going to play stupid with me."

"Andre boy stop playing with me and tell me what's wrong with you."

"What's wrong with me is that you're out here fucking around on me!"

"First off lower your damn voice. Secondly I'm notfucking around on you what makes you think I want to be fucking around withanybody but you." I spoke to him trying not to raise my voice and to remaincalm as possible

"You want to tell me why my momma called me telling me that she one of herfriends daughter that go to your school say you all booed up with that niggaBlake at school.'

Now I was pissed off.

"What are you talking about! I yesterday when I left school and the only thingI had to say was leave me alone."

"Okay then why didn't you tell me that Amber? What do you except to happen whenI hear shit like this? You been acting weird and shit not wanting me to bearound you."

"Well dumb ass I would have told you if you would have given me the chance totell you. Damn"

"You gone stop calling me out of my name Amber. I'm too grown for this shit yougot me all stuck on you do you not know I can have any bitch I want. I'm doneif you can't tell me why you been acting so weird then I'm done"

"You know what fuck you how in the fuck could you say that to me. You right yougrown well nigga act like it you can't believe every fucking thing people tellyou. No you done right if you must know why I'm acting the way I am because Iwas stupid enough to trust your stupid ass with the most precious part of me.Now I'm pregnant and I can't go back so fuck you if you want to be with a basicbitch then go leave."

"You what?"

" No don't care now go be with your other bitches get the fuck out!"

"Whatever it's probably not mine anyway"