Chapter 19

"Wake up." I looked Amber. She looked like she'd been crying all day. She was laying here when I left for work this morning and I doubt she had moved at al today. I didn't hear anything from her since our date until sometime last night. It's not like I made it easy for her to reach out. I'm not even gone front like I wasn't hurt by her calling me that niggas name. She hit me up and told me that she's been feeling sick. I knew she was just using that as an excuse to talk to me. I came through anyway. I needed to know that she was good after everything that happened. I may have said in the past that nothing would come of us being together but I was wrong. Amber had a vibe that I needed to have. It was amazing and comforting to be with her all the time, but lately she had me questioning everything. I tried to wake her up a few more times but she was out like a light.

Like she completely ignored my presence she didn't want me hold her. I hope it doesn't have anything to do with that nigga Blake because I thought that conversation was done and over with. My momma called me and asked me to come over to her place apparently she has some things to talk to me about concerning me and Amber. What she has to tell me I don't know but it's worth hearing. Maybe she knows why Amber has been acting so weird they talk just about every day, my mom has been very supportive of me and Amber's relationship which isn't normal she usually doesn't like it when I'm dating. That's just another reason for me to make Amber my wife. I walked into the kitchen of Amber's apartment and found a note pad and wrote her a note letting her know that I was heading back to my apartment so I could get dressed and head to my mom's place. I finished writing the note and left it beside a fruit salad I had made for her and some ginger ale since she wasn't feeling well. I put it all on a try and sat it on my side of her bed. I quietly walked back into the kitchen grapping a bottle of water and my keys heading out. I got to my car unlocking my door I got in and headed to my place.

***

I pulled into my apartment complex I see my mom's car in the driveway. She must really be egger to tell me something. I parked my car and headed to my apartment before I even got the change to open the door my momma opened for me.

"We need to talk now." She spoke as she walked back into my apartment.

"Well hey to you too momma. No hey, how you doing?"

"Boy stop being difficult and go get dressed so I can talk to you."

"Mamma just talk to me now you being all extra"

"How am I being extra?"

"Well for one I thought I was supposed to meet you at your house. Two how in the hell did you get in here without a key."

"Boy watch your mouth I'm your mother, and if you must know I took your key and had a copy made. I should have a key to your place any way what if something happens."

"That has nothing to do with why you have a key to my place you not putting in on any bills so why you just popping up. And I'm grown I can handle myself."

"Whatever go get dressed, and make sure you brush your teeth?"

"Whatever "I walked off into my room to do my morning hygiene thing.

A few minutes later I walked into my living room seeing that my mom had made herself at home. I mean she had her feet all on my coffee table eating all my damn snacks. I love my momma but she about to make me hurt her feelings hurt. Like don't you got to house, let me stop playing and see what she has to say so she go home and eat up her own shit.

"Momma get your feet off my coffee table. Please." Moved her feet and patted the spot next to her for me to sit there.

"Well I want to talk about you and Amber fill me in."

"I don't know momma she been acting kind of weird I thought you would know yall always talking. Like yesterday she just up and disappeared then she hit me up asking if I would come through."

"Well I didn't want to tell you this but I guess I should tell you since things aren't going well."

"Tell me what"

"Well a friend of mine her daughter goes to the same school as Amber and she told me about some boy she saw Amber with."

"What's the girl's name?"

"Shanice anyway she told me that she saw Amber talking to Blake in the student parking lot talking and she told me the reason this Blake boy broke up with her was to get Amber back."

"Oh hell no! You think this nigga the reason she acting all weird and shit."

"I don't know maybe it could be I didn't want to believe it either but you need to find out what it is. I don't want you hurt so just go for a ride or something and when you calm down go and talk to her."

"No fuck that I want to know if she fucking around with this nigga." I grabbed my keys and ran out my apartment and walked to my car. I jumped into my car and headed back to Amber's house.