Chapter 14

Jessica's- Time To Grow Up...

So today I finally decided to come out of my room. It's been hard for me. I talked to my mom about it and she has helped me with it. I just hate the fact that I was being so stupid just for him to love me when I already have people around me that already love me. I really fucked things up with Amber I try talking to at school but I get a cold shoulder. Today I'm going to my dad's house I think I'm ready to talk to him about everything that's been going on. I have a lot of questions that need to get answered for us to move on. I dragged myself out of bed and went into my bathroom stripping down I turn on the shower. While the water was getting hot I brushed my teeth, the water was hot enough so I put on my shower cap so my hair wouldn't get wet. I stepped in the shower and stood there for a few minutes letting the hot water wash away my stress. I started to wash my body with my favorite body wash which was beautiful day from Bath Body Works. After I was done rinsing I dried off and put on the same scented lotion. Found me some underwear and bra and got dressed. I decided to keep it simple I put on some skinny jeans a white tank top and my black and white Aztec print cardigan. I grabbed my black glitter like egg boots. After I was dressed I through my natural hair into a messy bun and a put on a head band since my edges didn't want to act right. I took my weave out because the only reason I wanted long hair was because Jake loved it, but it's no longer my job to please him. I made my way down stairs. My mom was down starring at her phone all smiles, she must have a new man or something she's been going out and changing her hair. She even stopped working so much we actually hang out now like we used to. She had cooked breakfast and was standing at the counter fixing herself a plate.

"Morning momma. What's up with you?"

"Hello momma I know you hear me." I spoke as I waved my hand across her face.

"Oh baby what did you say something?"

"Yes I did who you are talking to that's got you all smiling and cooking "I spoke as I piled my plate with bacon and eggs.

"Nobody stop being nosey. Have you talked to Amber yet? "She spoke quickly like I wasn't going to notice how she changed the subject.

"No why did she ask about me? Why you changing the subject though?"

"Yes actually I went to help her decorate her new apartment. You need to apologize for how you acted. "She stated ignoring my second question. I guess I will let it go.

"I know Momma I just need to figure out how I'm going to do it."

"Ok but don't wait to long."

"Hopefully she will be at daddy's house. Then we can talk."

"You meeting up with your daddy today he didn't tell me."

"Why would he. He's going to be talking to me not you."

"Your right whatever. I will see you later. I'm going shopping."

"Ok pick me up some stuff. I'm about to go. "I said finishing a piece of bacon heading to the sink washing out my dish.

"Ok baby lock up the house when you leave. Let me hurry up Lisa's waiting for me." he left the house and I finished cleaning the kitchen. Once I was done I went upstairs to get my keys my phone and my purse. Once I got my phone I looked down to see I had a text from Jake. I ignored it and headed out the house. I checked the door making sure it was locked. I left jumping in my car and crank it up I plugged my phone to the radio and turned to my Taylor Swift playlists I could jam the whole way to my dad's house. Don't judge I don't listen to that ratchet mess, don't get me wrong I listen to some of it but I got to have my pop music their props. Thirty minutes later I pulled into my dad's drive way. I would have been here sooner but because of my procrastination I got here a little later. I slowly got out of the car and made my way to the door.

"Hey" spoke as he unopened the door. I took in his appearance, we had some singular features. I'm surprised I didn't notice before.

"Hey glad to see you took me up on my offer"

"Yeah well I have some questions I need to ask you."

"Alright whatever you need come in." I stepped in the house. Even though I've been here a thousand times this time it was kind of weird this time.

"What do you want to know?" He said plopping down on the living room couch.

"Why didn't you come looking for me?"

"I didn't know your mom was pregnant when I left. I came looking for her a couple of years later but I couldn't find her. Jessica it's important that you know that I would have done anything to know about you."

"Then why not look harder. Do you know how hard it was for us? With momma always in school I was always in daycare, or at some after school activity I didn't want to be involved in. That was time I could have spent with my sister. Now that I screwed that up I have no one to talk to."

"Jessica, Amber missing you just as much as you're missing her. Believe me Andre tries to keep her busy so she won't think about it but he's not you. Nobody can have the connection that you to have. I'll just have to figure out how to talk to each other again and let go." Andre must have been that guy I saw Amber with that day.

"Ok. I just miss her, and she acts like I don't exists"

"Look you can talk to me whenever you want. How about me and you go to and have some fun. I can't deal with you sitting her like a sad puppy. You could use some fun. We can talk about all this depressing stuff over dinner later. What do you say?"

"Ok I guess"

"You and your sister with that." he chuckled out.

"I'll go get my wallet." He went upstairs and came back down in a pair of jeans and a muscle shirt. We went out to his truck. We drove for about an hour. The whole way I had him listening to Beyoncé, Jazmine Sullivan, Tamar Braxton, K Michelle. He just sat back and listened singing along with me. We pulled into the parking lot of David & Busters.

"What? Why you looking at me like that"

"You and your sister act so damn weird."

"So I like her. Now you ready to get you but kicked by all this bass."

"Whatever little girl." The rest of the day we played games. He let me win a couple of times and we ended up eating at Olive Garden. We talked about everything. We decided that we should try to hang out more often to make up for lost time. I headed home since it was getting late.