Chapter 22

Amber- Happy Birthday To Me...

After I got off the phone I planned out a day for myself. How in the hell can I forget my on birthday I know Jessica probably feeling some type away because I wanted to spend the day to myself. I got a text from my dad telling me he deposited me some money into my checking account for my birthday. I got in the car to get ready for my day first stop to see my new found hairstylist Peaches I need a new look. I made my way to the hair salon thinking about how I wanted my new hair to look. I just want be different something that makes me look more mature but sexy and edgy I'm trying to be on my grown woman shit. I'm eighteen now and a mouth away from graduation its crazy how time passes by so fast. If I was younger looking at me now I wouldn't recognize myself. I pulled up to the salon and hopped in and made my way inside.

"Hello how may I help you today." the receptionist asked me.

"Hi I came to see if peaches is available today."

"Yes he is here he has some time before his first client gets here. I will see if he will take you, what's your name beautiful."

"It's Amber."

"Okay I'll be back." She walked away and came back with peaches.

"Hey girl I knew you were going to come back."

"Yes well I wanted a new look and I knew just who to come too."

"Okay look at you. Why the change now."

"Well today's my birthday an-"

"Girl say no more you what me to hook you up with a new dew so your little man can lay the pipe down right. Am I right."

"Not this time I just want a new look I'm getting tiered of long hair." I said following him back to his station.

"Okay so what do you have in mind boo."

"I don't really know so I'm giving you complete creative control."

"Yass, No offence but you was acting a little funny about you shit last time. Girl you getting my hot I love to hear those words. Sit down let me get you straight just sit back and let me do this thang boo." I did just as he asked and sat back and listened to my tunes. I plugged in my ear pods in my phone and listened to my new jam "Forever Don't Last" by Jazmine Sullivan. About and two hours later I had gotten tired of listening to music and playing Fun Run 2 on my phone. Peaches was putting his finishing touches on my hair.

"Okay I'm done. I know you going to love it just promise you won't faint, because Baby I hooked you up baby girl."

"Well what did you do."

"Since you have naturally long hair I just cut it into a nice short style and added in some color."

"Okay can I see."

"You got to promise me you not going to faint."

"Peaches I promise just let me see." I spoke all the other women stared at me intently as he turned my chair around so I could see.

I looked in the mirror astonished at the sight before me I absolutely loved this haircut. I look so different it's kind of scary. All of a sudden I started to sob and cry gasping for air. Why I don't know because I'm happy I guess this is what they mean by pregnancy hormones.

"What's wrong girl you don't like it."

"No I love I just can't stop crying." I crocked out as I continued to cry.

"Aww I brought you to tears. I know you don't have to say anything I know I have a gift."

"Shut up fool it's not you dumb ass. She crying like that because it her hormones it's obvious she pregnant." and older woman told him as she rubbed my back trying to console me. After I finally stopped crying I turned to talk to her.

"How did you know I was pregnant"

"Child I knew when you first walked in. You glowing and you emotional over a hair due, trust me I know, I used to be that way when I was pregnant with my daughter. I'm Paula I'm the owner of this salon."

"Thank you for stopping me from crying. I'm Amber, how old is your daughter if you don't mind me asking."

"She's around 41 now I haven't heard form in a years. You remind me of her. You have her eyes and her nose." after she said that it kind freaked me out.

"Well thank you for your help I'm going to get going I have a lot of stuff to do today. Thank you Peaches how much I owe you."

"It's on the house girl happy birthday, but before you leave me need a picture for my collection so fix that face and give me a smile." I wiped of the reminder of the tears from my face and smiled for the camera.

"Girl I hope you don't mind but you going on Instagram boo. I did the dam thang Yass hinny brought you tears." I laughed picking up my purse preparing to leave.

"Let me walk you out baby" the older woman spoke as she shook her head at Peaches.

"Look baby here's my number if you need any guidance I know you may be skeptic must you look like a respectable young woman and I can tell you been through a lot. If it gets to be too much come by or call me okay."

"Yes maim, I guess I'll talk to you later." I walked out the salon heading to my car. I made my way my car heading to the mall to shop my little hart out.

***

I woke up from my nap after my shoppingspree tiered and drained. I forced myself to get up and take a quick showerbefore dinner at Ms. Nicki's house her and my dad have been calling me nonstopever since this morning why I don't know. Maybe they're just worried about me Ihave been shutting everybody out lately. I decided tonight would be a good timeto tell my everybody about me being pregnant we all will be in the same place so I won't have to be bothered bytelling one of them before the other. I just hope they will support me throughthis. I already lose Andre going to need my family. I wish I could talk to mymom but she too busy chasing dick. Eventually I will have to get over that Ijust their won't be any more drama I have enough of that I deserve to be happy,and having this baby will make me happy.