The Switch

A/N: I'm back everyone! I know it's been so long since I've updated but it's because I've been dealing with some issues! I'm back now though!

Your Pov:

The court flew into an uproar. The judge banged his gavel, trying to calm the room. The prosecutor choked on his coffee, "You aren't saying-!" Apollo nodded, "Yes. I'm saying exactly that."

"The woman who was killed in the inner temple was not Angela Wells. But in fact her sister, Candice Wells."

The judge interrupted him, "Can you explain this to the court, Mr. Justice? With evidence if you please." I watched as Apollo began his explanation. He spoke, "The bruises speak for themselves. Along with the fact that Candice Wells knew her sister was abused despite her sister's methods of covering it. Also..."

He took out the letter from the archives, "This letter could hold all the answers. I ask that the witness submits to a penmanship test."

The judge nodded, "I see. Witness, you will submit to a penmanship test." Within 30 minutes, the test was done. They handed the results to Apollo. He read through them. The judge cleared his throat, "Well, Mr. Justice?"

Apollo nodded.

"The results say the witness's handwriting does match the writing in the letter, but when it was compared to an actual source written by the victim, it did not match."

He continued, "And why would this be signed by Angela Wells if the handwriting does not match and by process of elimination can only be that of Candice Wells? There can only be one answer: This witness is Angela Wells!"

The judge looked at Apollo, "Mr. Justice, then just who is the victim here if this witness is in fact, Angela Wells?" Apollo sighed, "Naturally, the victim can only be Candice Wells. Her status was unknown...until today. For some reason, the two swapped places...no! Lives, with each other."

Once again, the court flew into an uproar before the judge called for order again. He turned to the witness, "Witness, is this true? Are you really Angela Wells?" The woman looked down at the stand. Tears dripped from her eyes and rolled down her cheeks.

"Yes. I am Angela Wells."

Apollo looked at the judge, "Well, your honor? I think this changes the case entirely!" The prosecutor chuckled, making everyone look at him. The judge spoke, "What's so funny Prosecutor Godot?" The prosecutor shook his head.

"What difference does it make whether the woman in front of us is Candice or Angela Wells?"

The judge nodded, "That is true. Mr. Justice, your response?" Apollo looked towards the witness.

"I believe we should hear more testimony from the witness as to why she switched places with her sister. Then we will see why this is so important to the case."

The judge nodded, "Yes. I believe that will be sufficient. Witness, please give us your testimony." I looked at Apollo. His eyes held nothing but determination. The woman wiped her tears and looked up.

"Yes, your honor."