The Final Nail In The Coffin

Your Pov:

I watched silently as the witness began her testimony.

"Candice and I...we made a plan. I wanted to get away from my fiance so badly, but he'd never let me leave. So Candice said she'd help me. At the time, she was living in an apartment one city over."

She paused to compose herself before continuing.

"Candice told me of a temple up on Eagle Mountain where I could go. And so, three nights later I set out for the mountain. Candice said she would meet me at the temple and we would go from there. However, my fiance followed me up the mountain. When I found Candice, she said she would lead him away while I hid."

A few years dripped down her face. She wiped them away.

"We had been wearing similar clothes that night, and along with the snow storm, he couldn't see the switch. My husband followed Candice and instead of going into the temple, I quietly followed after them. When I finally got across the bridge, I saw my fiance dragging a red-haired girl across the snow and into a smaller temple. There was blood on her face and hands. I also saw another girl lying inside on the floor, unconscious. I screamed in fear and ran back to the car I had came in before driving back down the mountain."

She finished and looked down. The just turned to us. "Mr. Justice, your cross examination?" Apollo nodded and turned towards the witness.

"By 'red-headed girl', you mean my client, correct?" The witness nodded. "Yes. It was her." Apollo continued on. "And the blood on the defendant, was it her own or someone else's?" The witness paused. "...I-I think it was someone else's. My sister's..."

After a few more minutes, Apollo turned back towards the judge. "This witness has told us all we need to know, your honor. The defense indicts  Blanc Damon as the murderer in this case." The court fell silent. No one said a word, then, a quiet laugh came from the witness stand.

I looked over to see Blanc Damon at the stand. He glared over at us. "How dare you accuse me of being a murderer! Where's your proof?!" The judge banged his gavel. "He's right, Mr. Justice. Do you have concrete proof that Mr. Damon is the killer?" I looked at Apollo and whispered to him. "It's time for the trump card." He looked at me for a moment before nodding his head.

I handed him the evidence bag with the card in it. Apollo presented the bag to the court, "Actually...We do, your honor." The prosecutor did a spit take and coughed a bit. Mr. Damon started to sweat as well. The judge looked at Apollo. "Well, Mr. Justice? Just what is your concrete evidence?" Apollo looked at Mr. Damon, his eyes full of determination."

"Our evidence is this: A note hand written by the victim herself, your honor!"