Trial PT. 2

Your Pov:

We walked back into the courtroom. The prosecutor was already inside, a large smirk on his face. The judge was reading through his notes. He banged his gavel, "Court will now reconvene."

He continued, "Is the Prosecution's witness prepared to testify?" The prosecutor nodded, "Our witness is ready." The judge nodded, "Then you may call your witness." The prosecutor smirked, "The Prosecution calls the victim's fiance, Blanc Damon, to the stand." A few minutes later, a man took the stand. He had raven black hair and brown eyes. He was fairly built and dressed like a business man.

The prosecutor sipped his coffee, "Your name and occupation?" The man spoke, "Blanc Damon. CEO of Whitecorps." The judge nodded, "Witness, please testify to what you heard during your phone call with the victim." The man started speaking.

"Angela called me late that night around 10:20. She was crying hysterically and telling me that she was being followed by someone. She explained to me that it was a girl who was following her. She said that the girl was wearing a white and pink sundress and had long red hair."

At this point, Dahlia was glaring daggers at him. The man continued.

"At 10:30, I heard a thud and Angela screaming before the line went dead. I loved Angela and that girl killed her."

I whispered to Apollo, "He couldn't have gotten a call from her that night. The autopsy says the victim was unconscious before the time of death. And Dahlia didn't even have her sundress with her." He nodded.

The cross examination started.

Apollo hmm'd, "I think you're lying, witness. The autopsy report states the victim was unconscious before her death. How could she have made a phone call while she was knocked out?" The witness stuttered, "I, uh, um..." The prosecutor shook his head, "I thought you'd say that. The autopsy says that the victim was unconscious before the time of death. What if she was knocked out during the phone call and dead at 11:00? After all, the autopsy says 10:30 to 11:00."

I quickly spoke up, "However, this witness is lying. Miss Hawthorne was not wearing a summer dress that night. She was wearing training robes. This can be testified to by Sister Iris, Sister Bikini, and myself."

The prosecutor spit out his coffee, "What?!" Apollo continued for me, "And no other articles of clothing were found in the room. How do you explain this contradiction?" The man paused seemingly at a loss for words.

Then, he began to sway and passed out, slumping to the floor. A bailiff came and carried him out to the lobby. The judge cleared his throat, "Court will reconvene after Mr. Damon regains consciousness. For now, there will be a twenty minute recess." He banged his gavel and we all filed out of the courtroom.

My mood had risen slightly, since we were getting closer to revealing the truth. Dahlia seemed to take joy in the man passing out, but that didn't really surprise me. I sat on one of the near by benches, trying to piece together everything that just happened.

It seemed that everytime we found a contradiction, that prosecutor had an answer to it each time without fail.

But we had to get through this.

We had to.