Double Time

Your Pov:

I stepped back, silently cursing my rotten luck, "I'm sorry." The familiar man chuckled, "Don't worry about it."

Then, he was gone.

If he was the prosecutor for this trial, we'd have to pull double our weight. Once we were out of earshot of everyone else, I turned to Apollo, "This isn't going to be easy now." Apollo tilted his head, "What do you mean?" I sighed, "That prosecutor... Dahlia told me she poisoned him years ago. They never got her for it though. Ever since, he's had bad blood with her. I'm sure he'll do everything in his power to convict her for this."

He groaned, "Everyone loves to make my job harder, don't they?" I grabbed his hand, "Come on. Let's go find Kristoph." A few minutes later, were found him speaking with the forensics team. They handed him a paper and left to look at the scene again. I spoke up, "We're back. And I might've bumped into the prosecutor for the case." He turned to us.

"Then you know what you have to do. What have you found so far?" Apollo explained everything we knew about the case so far and our theories about what happened last night.

He hmm'd, "It is a suitable theory that the murders occurred beforehand since Sister Iris testified to hearing a scream that neither came from her or our defendant, Ms. Hawthorne." He continued, "However, we also have to factor in why the victim came up into a desolate mountain if she was being followed. Did she have any connections to the defendant or witnesses?"

I shook my head, "Sister Bikini and Iris have no clue who the victim is. Dahlia hasn't even seen the victim's face." He fished a card out of his pocket, "I need you two to go to the archives and search for any records on the victim. Be quick about it."

I grabbed the card, "Alright. We'll be back soon." Apollo and I trekked all the way back to the car and drove down the mountain again. The drive to the archives wasn't very long. It took about 20 minutes once we got to the city. Once inside, we were greeted by an older woman, "Hello. We only show records by invitation. Do you have one?" I held out the card to her.

"Here you go, ma'am." She took it and read over it before speaking, "You can go ahead and find what you need." After hours of searching through tons of records, I finally found what we needed. I opened the folder and began reading it's contents.

Apparently, the victim was an orphan and was engaged to a very rich business owner. There was also a note tucked in the very back of the folder.

I grabbed it and opened it.

To Whom It May Concern,

I am going to leave my fiance soon. He is an insane, condescending man. I feel like my life is being threatened. He'd kill me if he ever found this, so I'm hiding it on the day I leave.

If something happens to me, he did it. Don't trust anything he says.

- Angela W.

I just hit the jackpot in terms of evidence. This would clear Dahlia of the crime.

At least, I hoped it would.