Seeing the Unfortunate Ex

Author's Note: I forgot to mention, but this story is as if Dahlia and Kristoph did go to prison, but did not get the death penalty. Also, Apollo still works under Kristoph, not Phoenix.

The next day, I headed to the university and headed to class with Dahlia. I told her about Apollo and Kristoph and everything that happened yesterday. I also told her about how we were going to meet them at People Park. She nodded and we split ways to go to class.

As I walked, I could hear people talking about Dahlia and I, saying that I was with a demon or that I must've been crazy for being with a murderer. Suddenly, my phone buzzed. I thought it might've been Apollo saying he got swamped with more work, but surprisingly, it was someone I didn't want to talk to at all.

Stupid. Pretty boy ex. Matt Engarde.

I sighed and opened the text.

Matt: Hey babe, I miss you.

(Y/n): Well, I don't miss you.

After that, I put my phone on silent and slipped it back into my pocket. The rest of the day went by quickly and when lunch came, Dahlia and I sat at the Gazebo in the garden, talking about random things. When Dahlia would laugh at something funny I had said, it sounded somewhat forced, as if she didn't really care. We finished lunch and resumed our classes.

My last three classes went by quickly and I found myself waiting by the school gate for Dahlia. People Park was a five minute walk from the school so it wasn't very far. Dahlia's heels clicked on the side walk, "So, what do they look like?" I smiled slightly, "Well, Apollo is about five feet and eight inches tall, he's a brunette with brown eyes, he has a lean build and he's really sweet." I then talked about Kristoph, "Kristoph is a platinum blond with the bluest eyes I've ever seen. He's also got that air of sophistication about him. He's about 6"1', and he looks more muscular than Apollo. He's Apollo's boss actually. Kristoph owns his own law firm, and he's a top notch defense attorney."

Dahlia smiled, "They sound...interesting." We reached the park and found Apollo and Kristoph at the fountain. I approached them with Dahlia trailing behind me, "Apollo, Kristoph." Apollo jumped slightly, and he blushed a little, "H-Hey, (Y/n)." Kristoph stood and Apollo followed, "It's good to see you again, Ms. (L/n)." They looked over at Dahlia.

Kristoph spoke first, "If I may ask, who are you, Miss...?" Dahlia giggled in that weird, almost fake way again, "My name is Dahlia Hawthorne. It's an honor to be here in your noble presence." Apollo blushed as red as his vest, "I-It's nice to meet you as well, Dahlia..." Kristoph kissed her hand, "Yes. But if anything, the honor is all ours."

After more talking, we all left, having places to be. I headed back home, getting ready for work. I decided to wear a red and white dress this time.

The two colors reminded me of Matt's old street jacket and I almost decided to wear a different dress but ended up wearing it to prove to myself that I don't need him anymore

The two colors reminded me of Matt's old street jacket and I almost decided to wear a different dress but ended up wearing it to prove to myself that I don't need him anymore. I found a good pair of silver heels in the closet.