Deserve It

Your Pov:

I sat alone in my dressing room. I curled up on the small sofa and turned on my phone. I went to my music and played my playlist in hopes of calming down. I closed my eyes as the music.

Don't try to explain your mind. I know what's happening here. One minute it's love and suddenly It's like a battle-field.

I sighed and hugged a pillow to my chest. This song was too accurate right now. I let the song play, too tired to change it. Is this how it's always going to be with Kristoph?

One word turns into a...Why is it the smallest things that tear us down? My world's nothing when you don't...I'm not here without a shield! Can't go back now!

I didn't want to fight with him, but he made that nearly impossible. Ignoring him wasn't working that well either, considering that he comes here to eat with Phoenix. I ran a hand through my hair. Was all of this really worth sticking around for?

Both hands tied behind my back with nothing. Oh no! These times when we climb so fast to fall again. Why we gotta fall for it now?

Even if I left, I still had that reminder on my wrist. Those stupid works that kept me tied to him. Then, my thoughts flicked over to Apollo and Dahlia. They did nothing wrong, but leaving would hurt them all the same. Would I be doing the right thing?

I never meant to start a war! You know I never wanna hurt you! Don't even know what we're fighting for! Why does love always feel like... a battlefield?!

Trying to stay together was like walking through a minefield with no safe spots. It was nearly impossible. He doesn't deserve my love, but he's my soulmate. Why did I have to end up this way?

(Battlefield) A battlefield (battlefield) a battlefield (battlefield)

Why does love always feel like-! Can't swallow our pride! Neither of us wanna raise that flag. If we can't surrender then we both gonna lose what we had! Oh no Both hands tied behind my back with nothing (nothing)!

I knew that he was too prideful to apologize. I wouldn't doubt if he expects me to apologize to him. But I won't. He doesn't deserve it.

Oh no, these times when we climb so fast to fall again! I don't wanna fall for it now! I never meant to start a war! You know I never wanna hurt you!

My heart aches every time I think about him. I want to run into his arms and let him hold me, but at the same time, I want to yell and scream at him. I don't want to hurt him, but at the same time, he's already hurt me. And I don't know if I can forgive that.

Don't even know what we're fighting for! Why does love always feel like...a battlefield?! (battlefield) battlefield (battlefield) battlefield (battlefield)

At this point, I feel like everything has spiraled out of control. I'm working a job I hate, I'm fighting with one of my soul mates, and now, I feel like garbage because of it. As I sat there, I heard footsteps stop outside my door. Then, there was a knock, "(Y/n), are you alright?" It was Phoenix.

Why does love always feel like-! You better go and get your armor (get your armor)! Get your armor (get your armor)! I guess you better go and get your armor! (get your armor)!

I cleared my throat and spoke, "I-I'm fine, Phoenix." The doorknob jiggled, "Can you open the door please?" I sniffled, "I told you, Phoenix. I'm fine. Go away." He sighed, "Well, you leave me no choice then." His footsteps retreated from the door and disappeared. I coughed and laid back down on the sofa.

Get your armor! (get your armor) I guess you better go and get your-! We could pretend that we are friends tonight! And in the morning we'll wake up and we'll be alright! Cause baby we don't have to fight And I don't want this love to feel like-!

A battlefield (oh)! A battlefield (oh)! A battlefield! Why does love always feel like a battlefield! (oh)! A battlefield (oh)! A battlefield! I guess you better go and get your armor! I never meant to start a war (start a war)!

A moment later, the footsteps came back. Except this time, they were accompanied by the sound of a key jingling. I shot up from the sofa and grabbed some tissues off the vanity. I wiped away my tears and runny make up before quickly applying new make up to my face. I covered the redness around my eyes and nose with some concealer. Then, I put it all away.

You know I never wanna hurt you!Don't even know what we're fighting for! (fighting, fighting for) Why does love always feel like...a battlefield?!

(Battlefield) A battlefield (battlefield) A battlefield (battlefield)! Why does love always feel like-! You better go and get your armor! (get your armor)! Get your armor! (get your armor)!

The lock clicked and the door opened. Outside the door was Phoenix, Apollo, Dahlia, and him. I sat silently as they directed their attention to my phone, still playing the same song.

I guess you better go and get your armor! (get your armor)! Get your armor! (get your armor)! I guess you better go and get your-! Why does love always feel like (whooaa ooow)-!

Why does love always feel like (whooaa ooow) A battlefield, a battlefield...I never meant to start a war! Don't even know what we're fighting for! I never meant to start a war! Don't even know what we're fighting for!

The song ended and they looked at me. I looked at them, my face blank, "What? Did you need something?" Apollo and Dahlia gave me one last look before walking out with Phoenix, leaving me all alone with Kristoph.