Trial Part 1

Your Pov:

The day of the trial arrived quickly. The three of us had assembled all of the evidence we needed. I stood in the lobby, watching Apollo and Kristoph go over every point of the case. My satchel weighed heavy on my shoulders. It was filled to the brim with evidence.

We were more than over prepared.

They finished talking and Kristoph came over to me, "It's up to you to keep Justice on track. This case is riding on the both of you staying focused. " I nodded, "You can trust us." He chuckled, "Then you'd better get a move on. The trial's beginning soon."

I grabbed Apollo's hand and dragged him into the courtroom. As we stood at the bench, they brought Dahlia to the defendant's chair. She looked relatively unbothered. Shortly after, the prosecutor came in. Even with his visor, I could tell he was glaring daggers at her. Then, the judge arrived. He sat and pulled up the report. Then, the trial began.

"Court is now in session for the trial of...Dahlia Hawthorne?!" The judge looked towards the defendant chair. Dahlia tilted her head and forced a fake smiled, "Hello again, Mr. Judge."

The judge cleared his throat, "A-Any ways, does the Prosecution have an opening statement?" The prosecutor nodded, "The Prosecution believes that this defendant's soul is as black as my cup of coffee, but twice as bitter, since she killed Ms. Wells."

The judge nodded, "You may call your first witness." The prosecutor spoke, "The Prosecution calls the second person in the temple that night, Sister Iris. The defendant's sister." I watched as Iris sadly made her way to the stand. The prosecutor spoke.

"Your name and profession?"

Iris sighed, "My name is Iris. I'm a nun at Hazakura Temple." The judge nodded, "You will testify about the events of two nights ago." Iris nodded, "Yes, your honor." She took a breath.

"At 9:30, I walked back to the main temple to ring the lights out bell. After I rang it, I walked back to the inner temple. Once I got there, Dahlia was ready for her training to start. I unlocked the door to the sacred cavern. Just as I did, someone came into the inner temple and knocked me out. Just before I passed out, I heard a woman scream, but it sounded close."

The judge spoke, "Mr. Justice, your cross examination?" Apollo nodded and started.

"Witness, how long would you say it took to get to and from the inner temple?"

Iris bit her lip, "10 minutes by foot and 5 minutes on snowmobile."

Apollo hmm'd, "What was your method of travel?" Iris spoke up, "I walked that night. Both times."

The cross examination continued slowly, but Iris seemed to be telling the truth from what I could see. After a few more questions, Iris left the stand and the Prosecution presented it's argument.

"The Prosecution believes that the defendant knocked out the witness before finding the victim in the garden and murdering her in cold blood."

The judge banged his gavel.

"In light of the witness's testimony and facts presented, there will be a 20 minute recess."