Wait! What Kind of Dancing?!

Your Pov:

The next day was Saturday so I had the whole day to myself...or so I thought. Just as I had finished getting ready, my phone rang. I looked towards my vanity top and read the caller id. It was Phoenix. I picked up the phone and headed to the kitchen, "Hello?" I heard noise in the background as Phoenix spoke, "Hey (Y/n). The boss needs you down at the club. Says it's important." I sighed, "Alright. I'm coming now." I hung up and put my phone in my purse.

I walked down to the club, pssing families and couples every so often. Once I arrived at the club, I saw an installment truck leaving. I headed inside and went to find Phoenix. He was sitting at the piano, but the piano looked different. As I got closer, I realized that the piano was a brand new one. I nudged Phoenix on the shoulder, "New piano, eh?" He laughed, "Yeah. Took me by surprise."

He looked towards the stage, "But I think you'll be much more surprised when you see your stage." I tilted my head, "What?" He motioned behind me, "Turn around and see for yourself." I turned around and gasped. There, in the center of the once empty stage, was a silver pole. I turned back to Phoenix, "What the hell is that?!" He grinned, "What? You haven't seen a stripper pole before?"

I punched him lightly in the shoulder, "You know what I mean! I'm not dancing on that for anyone!" He grinned again, "Well the boss just left. He told me and the waitresses that you had to fill that position because you are the club's entertainer and your job doesn't specify what kind. So in his words, 'Do it or you're fired!'."

I growled, "Did my hours change?" He nodded, "7 days a week. 7 pm to midnight. Breaks at 9:30 and 11:00." I sighed, "Outfits provided?" He nodded, "Yep. See you tonight." I left the club in a bad mood and went back home. I finished all of my school assignments for the week. I got bored and decided to text Apollo.

You = Italics
Apollo = Bold

Hey. What's up?
Noting much. What about you?
I just got my job changed last minute.
What do you do?
I'm an entertainer at the Borscht Bowl Club
Oh. I see...
I wasn't THAT kind of entertainer!
Oh! Sorry!
But because of my job change, now I am.
If you're working tonight, do you want me to come be your...I don't know...body guard or something? Just in case?
You're too sweet. You can if you want to. My shift starts at 7. Bye.
Ok. Bye.

After that, I took a nap so that I would have more energy for work. When I woke up, it was 6:00. I hurried and put on some nice lipstick with eyeshadow and mascara before leaving the house. I hurried down to the club and saw Apollo standing outside. I nudged him, "Hey. Let's head inside. I have to get ready."

He blushed and nodded, "O-Ok..." We passed Phoenix, who waved to us. I quickly waved back and tugged Apollo to the dressing room. He looked nervous for some reason. I looked at him, "What's wrong?" He blinked, "I think I just saw my boss out there..." My eyes went wide. Kristoph's here?! This is not good. I checked my phone when I heard it ding and checked it. Dahlia posted something on her page.

It was a picture of the...Borscht bowl club! I read the caption. It said: 'Going to eat some borscht and enjoy the Russian atmosphere tonight!' I started to freak out more. I had to get changed, so I pushed Apollo out and looked through the outfit. I eventually decided on this:

I put on some simple club heels and left the dressing room

I put on some simple club heels and left the dressing room. Apollo was on his phone and holding a silky light pink robe. I cleared my throat, "A-Apollo?" He turned towards me, "Ye-!" He blushed darkly, "(Y-Y/n)! You l-look g-great..." I tilted my head, "Are you ok?" His blush started to go away, "I-I'm fine." I grabbed the robe and put it on. While we waited for 7 pm, I paced around thinking about how both Kristoph and Dahlia were going to see me dancing. I mean, it's my job, but it's not a job that you'd want your partner to be doing.

I heard Phoenix announce me and Apollo wished me good luck as I walked out. The lights stayed off as I reached the pole. Then, the music started and they turned on.

The whole time I danced, I heard wolf whistling and cat calls. I spotted Dahlia at a table in the back while I saw Kristoph sitting with Phoenix. They weren't showing any emotions. They were blank. Kristoph did smack Phoenix in the back of the head after he whistled at me after one of the tricks I did. I slid down the pole and sat in my ending pose.

The crowd cheered as I left the stage. I collected my tip jar and headed back. Apollo handed me my robe, "Y-You did really great out there!" I smiled, "Thanks Apollo." I pulled out my phone and checked to see if I had any texts, but there was nothing. I turned when I heard Apollo, "M-Mr. Gavin...!" Kristoph was standing there will Dahlia. I forced a smile, "Kristoph, Dahlia, what brings you backstage?"

Kristoph took me to the dressing room with Dahlia and Apollo in tow. Apollo shut the door as I sat down. Kristoph spoke, "What were you thinking?" He spoke calmly, but I could feel the anger in that statement. I looked at him, "I'm doing my job, Kristoph. You know I'm an entertainer here." He pinched the bridge of his nose and sighed, "The last time I checked, your job was not to dance scantily clad on a pole for strangers."

I shrugged my shoulders, "My job changed. My boss told me that the position of entertainer was not specified to only singing, so he told me that I'd either have to take the position, or get fired." Dahlia looked towards Apollo, "I can't believe you'd be stupid enough to let her do this!" I looked at her, "We're both in college. I think you would understand better than anyone, how much tuition is!" She scoffed, "I do, but there are other job options out there that don't require you to expose your body!"

I sighed, "It's only dancing. Its not like I'm going to give private dances or anything!" Kristoph looked at me, "How long will it only be dancing? Until your boss tells you to give private dances or be fired? It's only a matter of time." Apollo, who had been silent for a while, finally spoke up, "I mean, i-it is her job. It's not like she's doing it because she wants to..." Dahlia snapped at him, "Maybe not, but that's not what the men out there think." Kristoph glanced at Dahlia and Apollo before looking back at me, "She's right. You need to quit."

I glared at him, "I will not quit a job that helps me get by each week, Kristoph!" He snapped at me, "Fine then. Continue being a whore. I won't care." He then walked out. I heard Dahlia and Apollo gasp as I collapsed in the chair and started crying. Did Kristoph really think I was a whore? Apollo pulled me into a hug, "Don't cry...It's ok (Y/n)." I sniffled, "A-Am I a-" Apollo cut me off, "No! You are not a whore! I understand where you're coming from. You're trying to make ends meet." I pulled away, "Thanks..."

He smiled, "No problem." Dahlia handed me a tissue, "Your make up is running. You should clean that up..." I cleaned up and finished up my shift. I changed back into my regular clothes and saw Apollo and Dahlia off. I stopped by the piano and dropped some of my tips into Phoenix's jar. He turned to me and noticed the tear stains on my face, "What happened to you?" I sighed, "Kristoph and I had a disagreement earlier..."

Phoenix was like a brother/father figure to me, so I wasn't surprised when he asked, "What did he say?" I looked down and spoke quietly, "I told him I wouldn't quit working here and h-he called me a w-whore..." Phoenix stood from the piano bench, "I'm going to kick his-" I cut him off, "No. Leave it be Phoenix. I'll be ok." He sighed, "Fine. But if he does it again, he'll be sorry."

I nodded and headed out. I walked home with Kristoph's words repeating over and over. When I got home, I looked at myself in the mirror. Was my shirt too tight? Are my shorts too short? I went to my closet and picked out my outfit for tomorrow. I decided on a baggy sweater and some loose jeans with a pair of converse. It wasn't too tight or revealing, so I felt a little bit better. I got into bed and plugged up my phone. I turned over and faced the wall. I felt my eyes getting heavy, and before I fell asleep, my phone screen lit up in the darkness.