Teaching His Daughter

Your Pov:

The next day, I decided to go to the club to get some practice in. I put some shorts and a sports bra into my bag before leaving. I ignored the buzzing of my phone and put it in my bag. Once I got to the club, I went inside. I noticed Phoenix was there with his daughter. As I passed them, I waved. I hurried to the back and changed before going to the stage.

Phoenix looked at me from the piano bench, "Practicing today?" I nodded, "Yeah. That performance yesterday could've been better." He laughed, "I think you did pretty great." Trucy turned to Phoenix, "Daddy, can (Y/n) teach me how to dance too?" Phoenix nearly gave himself whiplash when he turned to her, "Trucy!" I smiled, "I can teach her Phoenix. If you want me to, that is..." He sighed, "If you say so. Just be careful." I nodded and took Trucy to the back.

I pulled out one of the clothing racks that had shorts and stuff. She picked out a light blue pair of shorts and sports bra. Once she was done changing, I took her back out to the stage. I went to the pole, "Alright Trucy. Watch me." I did a couple of spins and kicks. I had her try them while I spotted her. She was a natural. I then taught her a small bit of a duet. She picked it up really fast, so I taught her the whole dance.

She wanted to go full out, so I decided to do it with her. When we finished, someone whistled and clapped. I turned around and saw...Matt. I pushed Trucy slightly behind me and turned to him, "What are you doing here?!" He laughed, "I came to hear your answer. So?" I glared at him, "I meant what I said. Every bit of it. So my answer is still no!" He walked closer, "No? How funny (Y/n). You think I'm taking no for an answer?"

I nudged Trucy and whispered to her, "Get your father. In the hyde-out. Go!" I turned back to Matt, "I've told you once, I've told you a million times. No!" While I spoke, Trucy ran down the stairs that led to the hyde-out. He barely saw her just as she ran around the corner. He just shook his head, "She may have gotten away, but you won't." He got up onto the stage. I backed away as he got closer. I started panicking. Where was Phoenix?! My back hit the wall and I closed my eyes.

Suddenly, I heard a grunt and the sound of skin hitting skin. I opened my eyes. Matt laid on the ground, holding his face. Phoenix stood over him, both of his hands clenched into fists. No words were said when Matt scrambled up and ran out of the building. I was shaking like a leaf on the ground. I could see Trucy standing by the piano. She looked at me, concerned. Suddenly, I felt a hand on my shoulder. Phoenix offered me his hand and I stood, "Thank you..." He shook his head, "No problem. What happened?" I sighed.

"That guy you punched was my ex. He's been trying to get back with me but I keep refusing him. He came here today. I had been running through choreography with Trucy." I gulped, "He tried cornering us, but I made Trucy run down to the hyde-out while I distracted him. And you know the rest." Phoenix shook his head, "Do you mind dropping Trucy at the office while I clean up here?" I nodded, "Sure. I'll see you tonight."

He grinned, "Yep. Bye." Trucy and I changed before leaving and headed to the office. As we walked, we talked about random stuff. After 10 minutes, we arrived at the office. I took Trucy inside and texted Phoenix that we were at the office. As I walked out the door, I turned to her, "Lock the door and windows. Don't answer it unless it's me or your father." She nodded, "I know." With that, I headed back home to take a nap before I had to go to work and hear all the complaining.