The Royal Ball

"MERLINNNN"

"Coming sire!" Merlin yelled from down the hall, running after Arthur arms full of his clothing for the royal ball tonight.

Arthur was stressing, more than usual. You see the Royal ball wasn't just a royal ball. It was a royal masquerade ball. The royal masquerade ball wasn't just a normal masquerade ball either. It was a feast and a masquerade ball. Oh and Arthur had to find someone there to marry too.

By orders of the King, his father. Arthur had to find a wife by midnight or else his future place as king would be threatened. So obviously he was kinda freaking out.

"Merlin hurry up, you know how I like to be ready early for feasts- balls- masquera- ugh I don't even know what to call it!" Arthur said in a frenzy.

"Calm down Arthur, you have nothing to worry about." Merlin said, getting Arthur ready.

"Apart from finding someone to marry" Arthur said sarcastically.

Merlin laughed to himself as he finished dressing Arthur and doing his hair. Merlin handed over Arthur's mask and stood up to leave. "Is there anything else you want me to do before I get ready for the feast?"

"Wait you're going to the feast?" Arthur said.

"Of course I am. Someone has to make sure you don't make a fool of yourself. Although you probably won't recognise me because we're all wearing masks." Merlin said in his normal sassy, sarcastic tone. "Plus anyone can go. Royalty, peasants, knights etc" he added.

Arthur just shrugged, still obviously stressed. "Alright then. You go get ready I'm sure I can handle myself from here."

Merlin smiled and went to leave, tripping over his own feet on the way out. "Idiot" Arthur said as he left, laughing.

"I heard that!!" Merlin shouted already half way down the hall.

Word count 314
Heyyy! I'm splitting this story into parts sooo this is part one. Hope you enjoyed!