Symptoms Of Love

hello there! If there are any Shadowhunter fans out there reading this. Yes. This story is basically a replica of the Malec wedding scene of the show, just with Merlin  and Arthur and a few adjustments xD.

Merlin  sat down on his bed in his chambers. Alone. It was an hour until Arthur's  wedding with Lady Vivian, and despite Merlins constant flirting Arthur, he insisted on marrying her for the good of his family or something.

Merlin thought back to earlier that day when Arthur had come to collect something from Gaius.

"Hello" Arthur said walking into the medical wing.

"Hello Arthur," Merlin started, Arthur  was about to say something but he beat him to it, "know how I hate to drink alone". He finished passing Arthur a drink.

"I'm not here to drink, Merlin.. I've just come to collect the medicine for my fathers shoulder.." he spoke, placing the drink on a table beside him.

Merlin watched as Arthur picked up the vile of medicine. Before he was going to walk out, Merlin stood in front of him and spoke, "just..tell me you love her. Just once. Then I'll leave you alone."

Arthur hesitate and mumbled an "I..don't know.."  then he spoke again, louder this time, "I'm marrying Lady Vivian for the good of my family Merlin.. You have to understand that."

"Yes I understand that! But shouldn't everyone deserve to love whoever they want?" Merlin protested.

"Love isn't just black and white," he continued, "there more like...symptoms.." he walked up to Arthur and began circling him,
"your heart beats faster.." Arthur went tense, his heart rate picking up as Merlin  grew closer,
"you loose your breath every time they walk into a room"  Merlin whispered close enough for Arthur to feel Merlins breath on his neck. He used some magic to give Arthur goose bumps. .

Before he could continue, Arthur stopped him. "Stop!" He almost whimpered, "y-you're confusing me!"  He spun around and Merlin stepped back and said, "I won't ask again."

Then he was gone.

Merlin was sat in silence for a good 10 minutes thinking about his interaction with Arthur when he heard a voice. His deceased friend Gwens voice. "Oh go after him. Crash the wedding!"

There she was, The ghost of Gwen sitting in the chair opposite him.
"I've already tried everything! but to no avail. There's no point" he replied.

"You know Merlin. This is the first time you've opened your heart to in years. Someday someone will tear down those walls you've built around your heart. And when that love comes..You must do everything in your power to fight for it." Gwen said smiling.

"You're right.." a smile crept on Arthur's  lips. He suddenly stood up and made his way to the door. "Even in death, you still give the best advice"

"You should take it more often." Gwen replied a sarcastic smile on her face as he faded away. Before she was gone Merlin heard her say, "now go get him."

*queue war of hearts playing*

The wedding had already began 7 minutes ago. Arthur  was questioning every fibre of his being. The truth is, he was very much gay as hell. He didn't want to marry Lady Vivian but his family gave him no other choice.

It was time to recite the vows. God Arthur didn't want this. He really didn't.

Just as they were about to recite the vows, they all heard a door open. Then someone rounded the corner. It was Merlin.

They were just staring at eachother, like they were the only people in the room.

Arthur felt his heart beat quicken and he whispered to himself, "I can't breathe." His fiancé Lady Vivian then whispered back. "Go..it's ok."

Arthur then began walking towards Merlin. His father  came up to him and tried convincing him to turn around. "Enough" Arthur said, not breaking eye contact with Merlin. .

He then grabbed Merlin by his neckerchief and pulled him into a kiss full of passion and desperation.

The kiss felt like it lasted forever, even though it was only roughly 15 seconds.

When they broke apart Merlin whispered, "you continue to surprise me..

Word count 700