.2.

Rahul and Anjali's houses 👆Imagine them to be wooden

Imagine them to be wooden.

Chapter-2
The meeting.

Sitting on the bed of the hospital, Anjali was busy in her own world. She came into her senses as Ranjani Maa was going to inject her.

Hissing in pain, she closed her eyes tight and in seconds, the injection was removed from her arm.

"Did it hurt more?" Ranjani asked with concern in her eyes.
"No Maa. When you give injection, I don't even get to know." She said with a grin.

"Di! We'll go to market after your treatment! You remember no? We had a deal of icecream." Said the younger one with a tint of craving in her eyes.
Poor Anjali could never deny Aarna.

"Icecream and that too in this winter! NO!" Came the authoritative voice of Anuradha. She had just arrived buying the medicines.

Seeing the cover of medicines in her mothers hand, Anjali's smile died. She was staring at it when Ranjani noticed her change of expressions.

"Beta, are you ok?" She rested her hand upon Anjali's shoulder.
"Maa, are you sure of my survival?" She asked with her teary eyes.

"Anju, what are you talking! How many times have I told you not to over think about your health?" Ranjani sat beside her.

"If I don't have much time, please stop the treatment. I don't want to see Maa spend all her savings upon my medicines." She said lowering her head, while her lips were trembling.

"Anju, to make it clear, I'm spending MY savings for my daughter. And as far as your concern points out about the other three, your father and grandfather have left enough for them. That is why I want to see you getting cured in my money. Is that a big thing to ask for?" Anuradha broke down.

Ranjani with tears in her eyes, pecked Anjali's forehead. And that is when she remembered that Rahul too had his checkup that day.

She left the mother and daughters to spend some time until her reports came.

"Hello? Rahul? Where's Gagana?" She enquired Rahul who had picked up Gagana's phone.
"She's attending other patients Maa. As you see, I'm not the only one who has such a deadly disease." He mocked.

Getting a big 'shut up' from his mother, Rahul turned silent.
"By the way, you could've called me. Oh wait! You don't beleive your son. Isn't it Mrs.Singh?" Rahul asked.

"Ofcourse yes, only in terms of his treatment I don't believe my son Mr.Singh!" Ranjani mocked back.

"By the way you're leaving today night. Have you packed?" She asked.
"Umm, yes the little one helped me ofcourse, and we'll be there by early morning so don't come to pick us up. I'll ask the driver to do so." He said with concern.