.23.

Just a random song! Didn't find any related to the chapter 😀 enjoy and vote!

Chapter-23
Few important discussions.

"I told you Yash, I don't have any money. My wife kicked me out of their lives long ago. Because of that b*****d Aravind, I've roamed in disguise for years. All my assets are sold." The seething words of a man, standing inside the telephone booth, gathered some curiosity in the old woman.

She was in her stall, like always, waiting for customers to purchase the jewellery. Due to Anjali's friend, she had received good amount in the past week. As soon as she sat in her usual place, she heard someone harshly yelling and cursing in the nearby phone booth.

"Yash, I can't promise you so much. My charges have not been lifted yet and the case is still going on in the court. Ranjani has been attending the sessions in secrecy. But, my son has an idea of me. I saw him investigating in that hospital." Randeep added coolly.

The old woman, was now confirmed that he belonged to the Singh family. But who was he! And the hatred in his voice, scared her.
"Okay. But the supply will be less. And, see to that there's no surveillance in that area. I'll leave Ooty as soon as I confront my family." He declared and cut the call.

That stupid Yash was demanding more drugs than usual. Business was not going on well as his beloved wife, Ranjani Singh had reported the export of tea along with drugs, a year back. She had found out because of the three teenage overdoses in the town itself. They had to be admitted to the only government hospital available in the area.

She was still a thorn in his way. First was that neighbour, leech, Aravind Sharma. 11 years ago, he had signed his death warrant by warning him, Randeep Singh, to stay away from his own kids. And then was his own wife, who sent the kids away from his shadow and him to jail, accusing him of Aravind's murder. He would seek his impending revenge anyway. And this time, he would use his pawns properly.

As though alarmed because of his attention, the old woman turned her head towards the other side.

She had to save that innocent family somehow.

-----------------------

"Maa! I- I don't know- I mean, wait! Aarna, give me the phone." Anjali stood immediately, and tried to grab the phone from the little girl, who cut the call. The horrified and stupendous looks around the dining table, now turned into evil smirks and genuine laughter.

"Tell me first what did he say!" Aarna demanded.
"You little punk! Give me the phone." Anjali tried to take it again.
"No! Maa, what did Rahul bhaiyya say?" She asked.
"That he wanted to elope with her." Ranjani smiled.

"Maa!" Anjali hissed.
"Common when did this happen? Bhaiyya didn't even inform us." Riya said sadly.
"Is that a bad thing?" Aarna innocently questioned.
"A very bad thing. Don't learn this from your sister Aarna." Anant warned.

"I didn't expect this from my children." Ranjani teased. But her statement made Anjali halt and gaze at her.
"You both are roaming around playing pranks on each other and you thought we'll not know?" Anuradha asked. She was barely controlling her laughter. But she shrugged and masked her expressions quickly.