.25.

Chapter-25
Anjali to know the truth.

"Anjali! Where are you?"
The gruff voice of her brother startled Anjali. Looking at her alarmed face, Rahul chuckled and sighed.
"Go. Or else he'll start raiding both houses." Anjali smiled widely as he had understood her inner turmoil. She pecked his cheek and shyly ran away.

"For what joy are you shouting, loudspeaker!" On her chirpy tone, Anant frowned at her.
"What?" She asked.
"You look happy. And-"
"Okay, stop. So I shouldn't be happy?" She questioned stifling laughter.
"No no! You should be. But-"

"But what? Anant, you don't want your sister to be happy?" Anjali innocently quirked her eyebrows.
"I didn't mean it like that but-"
"Then how did you mean it, Anant?" Rahul's sudden voice made her jump.
"Bhaiyya, hey. When did you return?" Anant asked casually ignoring the glare from his sister.

"Just few minutes back. And, how did you mean it Anant? You don't want your sister to be happy?" He asked seriously.
"No no! Bhaiyya, I didn't mean like that. Actually-"
"Save it. You're getting way more worse than Riya. Stop roaming with her." He shrugged.
"Bhaiyya, I'm-"

"No Anant. I didn't expect this from you." His sad voice made Anjali almost giggle. She tried hard to contain her laughter. Anant just kept gazing confusingly at his sister and the neighbour, who were ragging him mercilessly.
"Fine! I'm leaving." He announced and turned towards the gate.

"Wait! Why did you come in the first place?" Anjali asked.
"Maa sent me to bring some flowers, fruits and incense sticks for the offering." He said.
"So you plan on going without them? You know how my mother is. Doctor in the body of a devil. She'll assassinate you if you don't follow her instructions." Rahul casually leaned on the pillar.

"Ranjani Maa is no such thing! Actually Anant, you know our mother. She'll burn your skin alive if you disrespect god. How could you forget something that was important for the offering? Such a shameful act." Anjali added.

The boy was getting on his edge now. He didn't understand if it was his mistake or they were having fun with him, but he felt dreadful when he heard accounts of both the ladies, who were laughing and smiling minutes before with others.

"Di, can you get me everything Maa asked? I really don't want to get screwed." Anant pleaded and that's it, Anjali started laughing and Rahul joined her too. He looked at them with a frown and then he understood. They were playing along with him. He had been a bali ka bakra all this time.

"Di! I'll complain to Maa! And Rahul bhaiyya, I'll tell Ranjani aunty that you called her devil." He said and fumed inside like an angry hulk.
"Oops! That was a mistake." Anjali said.
"Absolutely." Rahul sighed.

Both looked at each other and laughed out loud again.

---------------------

Later in the night

"Satya! How could you do this to me!" The loud voice of someone made Anjali quirk her eyebrows in confusion. It was the television. She peeked inside and saw Vrinda and Abhimanyu sitting with her mother keenly, and watching a daily soap. What was wrong with them!

"Guys?" She asked.
"Shush! It's an interesting scene." Vrinda stopped Anjali by not even looking at her for once.
"See! I told you! This crooked fellow would have poisoned his wife's food." Anuradha exclaimed.
"No aunty! The husband's brother's wife might have done it. She's jealous!" Abhi added.