.24.

Chapter-24
Accepting love.

"Look, I just wanted to have fun alright! Nothing personal." Vrinda raised her hands in surrender and exasperated.
"Yeah. And now even I want to have some fun. Nothing personal." Abhimanyu repeated with a smirk.
"What fun? I apologise okay. I'm sorry but- what are you doing!" She shrieked.

Abhi was holding a plastic lizard in his hand and looking at it with all the focus.
"Oh this! Nothing. Just wanted to introduce you to my new friend. Surprisingly, it likes you, as you are of same species." He smiled.
"Are you calling me a lizard indirectly!" She accused.
"I thought you were intelligent." He said.

"Throw it away." She said in disgust and stood on the couch.
"No ways. It wants to speak to you Vrinda. See, it's harmless. Unlike some people." Abhi tossed it front and held back in his hands. Vrinda shut her eyes tight and screamed loudly.

"Hey! Don't shout. People will get other ideas." Abhi scolded.
"Shut up! And throw that ghastly thing away please." Vrinda groaned again. Though Abhi was all serious and cold outside, he was enjoying the show. He chuckled looking at her pale face and realised how beautiful she looked.

"Tell that you feel tremendously guilty for putting me in such a situation." He ordered and stifled a giggle.
"I'm sorry your highness! It won't happen again. I'm ashamed and horribly guilty." Vrinda pleaded as he came nearer.
"Tell that I'm the best person you've ever met, in this whole planet." He demanded.

"Excuse me?" She questioned.
"Wanna give a handshake?" He forwarded the lizard with a smile.
"Okay. You're the best dumba** I've ever met in my life. Happy?" Vrinda said as he kept a poker face. She chortled and adored that irritated face. But then, the lizard in his hand scared the s**t out of her.
"Abhimanyu Verma, please throw that thing!" She cried.

Sensing that her patience had died, he threw the plastic thing into the dustbin. As she sat down on the couch again, she heaved a sigh of relief. Guilt engulfed his senses. He just wanted to play along but he had tired her. She was actually horrified.

"I'm sorry. I didn't mean to scare you so much." He apologised sincerely.
"No, it's alright. I just hate them." She mulled and offered a smile.
"Okay. So, you're the Anjali's bestfriend." He chuckled.
"Yep. Just like you're that devil's soulmate." She said with malice.

"Hey, he's not that bad." Abhimanyu suddenly defended.
"You don't know him Abhi. He has done horrible things to Anju. And that girl still forgives him. If I was given the chance, I would've stabbed him with compass and made him repay for all the harsh treatment he gave to her." She imitated stabbing while smiling, but Abhi lost his cool.