.30.

Chapter-30
Will always love you.

"RAHUL!" The loud scream of Anjali made him look back. And by inches, he was saved by a bullet that was going to hit his chest. He released a sigh as the policemen thrashed the goon who tried to shoot him. Anjali stood traumatised.

"Hey, look at me. I'm fine. It's okay." He held her cheeks and made her look into his eyes.
"You- you could have- no! You're okay! You're fine." She broke down and hugged him tight.
"I'm fine. Hey, it's okay." He soothed her by caressing her hair.

"No Rahul! You could've-"
"Hey. It's alright okay." He said again and tightened the hug to reassure her that he was indeed fine.
"Please don't do that again." She whispered.
"What?" He asked.
"Putting your life in danger. You not only put yours but mine too." She complained.

Rahul chuckled and pecked her head.
"I won't." How much it pained to say those words when he didn't have a chance to live more days with her. He sighed and closed his eyes. He could never tell her. It would destroy her. Just because of a bullet she got scared. What if she knew he'd die before her?

"Anjali, we need to go." He said calmly and she let him go.
"What happened?" She asked. And he explained the whole scenario except the point that they had tried to steal his reports.
"Oh. But what were they looking for? I mean, what could they possibly steal from a hospital?" She questioned.

"Shall I go and ask them?" He queried enthusiastically.
"No! You're not going back there. Whatever they did, it's over. Now shut up and follow me." She ordered. Her heart stopped for a moment when he said of going back to that moment. When she almost lost him.

"Yes ma'am." He bowed his head as they walked back to the venue.
"Rahul, I, um, I just-"
"Common Anju you can't be fiddling for words again. Let me check if there's no abandoned well or a lake nearby." He said.
"Why?" She asked her forehead lacing with a frown.

"Because last time you stuttered, you threw me inside a flowing stream." He remarked sarcastically, flashing a million dollar smile.
"And that stream was shallow. Common don't be a drama queen. Even a 5 year old kid could swim and come out." She chuckled.

"Fine. What is it?" He asked seriously.
"I don't want time anymore Rahul. I want you." She declared finally looking at him.
"Wait-"
"No. Let me talk. I wasted 7 years thinking that I was no good for you. Then, this disease worked as a miracle by reducing my time, because I can preserve my each moment from now on, as a memory." She took his palm.

"My father defenitely mentioned that he didn't wanted us to be together. But if he had a chance to see the man who you've grown up to be, he'd have instantly accepted us. So, I have no fear. And I absolutely don't want any guilt. Rahul Singh, I'm head over heels in love with you." She said as tears began to collect in her eyes.

He cupped her cheeks and placed a soft peck on her forehead.
"I know." He said cornily.
"Haww! Say it back idiot." She hit his arm.
"Punishment for making me wait." He smirked.
"Fine! Go and romance with your sub inspector. I don't need an ignorant boyfriend." She pouted.

"But I need this cute and angry girlfriend." He hugged her suddenly from the back.
"I love you, in every universe." Rahul whispered into her ear.