.14.

Chapter-14
A few flashes from the past.

6 months ago

"And now, it's Ms.Anjali Sharma's turn to entertain us all with her graceful performance!" As soon as the anchor announced, Anjali closed her eyes and sent a silent prayer to her Kanhaji. And then, she stepped on the stage.

She spun thrice and waved her hands to form a mudra at the edge of her shoulder and that is when she felt like her whole body was set on fire. She couldn't see anything. And when she tried to jump for the next step, she fell down giving into the exhaustion.

3 hours later she woke up in a hospital and found herself with Vrinda and Ranjani beside her.

"You've been diagnosed with Congenital heart disease. Reports say that your heart is very deeply affected as you did not take precautions beforehand. Medications will be prescribed and a weekly checkup is required. Maximum a year can be guaranteed." The head doctor, Vajrakanth Miragi said to her.

She was astounded. The weakness and fever she went through for the past few months were symptoms of the disease. How could she be careless! How'd her mother react! And how'd she tell him if she ever gets to meet him again!

The thoughts clouded her mind and she tried to distract herself from the fear engulfing her heart. What if she never gets to see him? What if she died before she got a chance to talk to him again? What if he hated her after knowing that she was weak and pathetic?

Anjali couldn't resist the urge to cry her heart out infront of her Ranjani Maa. But the lady couldn't call her son back. Not any sooner. When the evil, Randeep, himself had taken a break of 5 years in the jail, she couldn't jeopardise all of their safety.

But when Ranjani got to know after 2 months, that her son was going through the same fate, she didn't hesitate a second. She wanted Anjali to be happy. And she knew, it was vested in her son. She knew that they loved each other.

------------------

Now gazing at her son fervently, Ranjani sat on a chair nearby to calm her nerves down. She had told the truth and there was no escape from revealing everything.
"Is there anything else I need to know? You can tell it right now. The stage is all yours." Rahul's sarcasm didn't help his mother at all.

"Rahul, I wanted to tell you everything. But Anuradha took a word from me. She didn't wanted you or any other kid to be involved in this matter. She knew that it would effect your whole life." She stated.
"Now how much of that life is left Maa? You can speak of it because none of us will be alive to-"

The slap right across his face prevented Rahul from speaking. He smiled knowingly.
"Remind me to never talk about it again." He chuckled.
"I have been doing that since 4 months." Ranjani seethed in anger.