.17.

Chapter-17
What's cooking in Rahul's head!

"I'm sorry Riya. I wanted to just throw out my anger on someone and-"
"I seemed to be a potential victim." Riya said.
"No! I'm really sorry. I don't know why I uttered those words." Anant apologised sincerely.

"Okay." Riya said in an indifferent tone.
"Just okay?" Anant asked.
"What? What else did you expect?" She asked in anger.
"I don't know. Maybe a proper reply without that irritating attitude of yours." He said.

"Anant, you were the one who brought your sister and my brother into our fight. And you were the one who blurted everything without thinking about the consequence. Sorry if I don't forgive so early like your sister or mother." She said glaring at him.

"I understand. I know that I committed a mistake. And it's not that I don't feel guilty. I apologised. And I promise that I won't repeat it, ever. What else should I do!" He exasperated.
"Maybe try till I forgive you. Or atleast admit it infront of Anjali that you said those horrible things." Riya spoke sarcastically.

"I can't do that. You know it. Anjali doesn't even have a single idea of your brother's illness. She has suffered a lot Riya. And I don't want her going through it again." Anant sighed.
"As if I want it! I'm talking about you Anant. If you want my forgiveness then you have to try harder." She said punching his forearm.

"Anything for you." He smiled as Riya left the terrace glaring at him again.

But when she turned back, the blush crept on her beautiful face and she grinned like an idiot.

-------------------

"You know you're going to get awarded as the best idiot of all times! So stop with this s**t!" Rahul said pushing her hand away.
"Rahul, I'm serious. I'm not bluffing. Let's elope and live somewhere happily without all of this tension." Anjali said but she couldn't contain her giggle anymore.

"I know that you still believe you have some common sense left in you. I suggest you stop doing this, unless you want to prove your notion wrong!" He said.

"Okay, think whatever you want but you know you like the idea too. Just us, in an isolated place, living the best of our lives." She said without hesitation. She thought she was pranking. But without her mere knowledge, she was just being honest.

"Anjali, I'm warning you the last time, stop this right now." He said in an icy tone.
"No Rahul. I won't until you agree." She stepped closer to him. He looked away sighing and stood near the wall of the bridge that was damp.
"I said to stop." He replied calmly.

"Is this your last decision?" She asked trying to be serious. But she couldn't.
"Yeah, I'd rather jump into this river than to run away with YOU." He emphasised.
"As you wish." She smiled and before he registered what she meant, he was already pushed into the rushing stream.

When he resurfaced, coughing hard and rubbing his eyes, he saw Anjali laugh her heart's content. A lopsided grin grew on his face too but anger soon overpowered it.
"What the f**k was that! Let me get up there!" He shouted gaining her attention.

"Save the oxygen you have left. You're not doing a favour by sympathising on my mother. And don't you ever think that I'll leave you alone until you say me the reason! Enjoy the coldness like I did on that mountain alone!" She sang and ran towards the road.