.9.

Note: The reads are rapidly decreasing. I know the storyline is depressing but guys, this is a unique concept atleast. 😌

Anddddd who wants a sequel to Beintehaa? Those who have not read, please give it a try. Vote, comment.

Chapter-9
Prank gone wrong.

What Rahul noticed next, made him wash away the thought of considering the weird figures as real ghosts.
He slightly bent down and picked up the object that he had gifted to Anjali when they were together. The infinity bracelet.

Anjali noticed this from far and slapped her forehead. She secretly walked behind him and tried to take it away. But her plans failed as he strongly took hold of her hand. She was taken aback by his sudden reaction.

"You will never learn." He said sternly with a cold gaze.
"Wha- what should I learn?" She asked stammering.
"To grow up dammit!" He shouted and that freaked her. Not being able to meet his gaze, she bent her head down and remained silent.

The kids who by now understood the situation, went back to the car and sat inside. Akshaya suggested to return back as it was late and Anjali would reach home with Rahul. Riya too agreed. Anant was reluctant yet joined them. Aarna had already dozed off to sleep.

They reached their houses and without coming into notice by their respective mothers, they fled to their rooms and subsided into sleep.

___________________

Back in the graveyard, Rahul had continuously avoided Anjali's sobs which were now high. She immediately filled her eyes with tears when he jerked her hand and moved back to his car.

She had involuntarily followed him. He was noticing her actions and was smiling to himself. Though he was angry and disappointed, her cute antics of walking closer to him due to the eery sounds, controlling her tears that he hated the most, and constantly rubbing her face to get rid of the white powder, made him fall for her more harder.

"Get inside." He said in a calmer tone.
"No. I'll go myself. I don't want your so called help." She snapped back and started walking ahead.
Minutes later, she ran back to the spot and hid behind him. She clutched his shirt hard and peeped out to check something.

"Woah! Which brave woman was talking about going alone?" He said dramatically.
"Shut up and start the car soon! That dog will come here any moment!" She said being afraid and still holding onto him.

Sighing his head in dismay, he let out a small giggle.
"If you leave me, then I can drive you back home." He said staring at the steering.
Anjali took off her hands immediately widening her eyes upon the act.

Sitting inside the car, he started driving back. They shared a brief silence until they neared their houses.
"When will you stop freaking the s**t out of me lady?" He asked rubbing his temple, being tired.
"When you accept your mistakes young man.That's all I want and once you do it, trust me, you'll never see me again in your life. I'll set you free." She said looking out of the window.

He halted the car abruptly.
"What the f**k are you talking about?" He shouted.
Anjali gazed at him with an expressionless face.
"You definitely know." She shouted equally.
"No please enlighten me with your stupid philosophy." He said and got down the car.