.31.

Chapter-31
Closure.

"Are you mental! You're actually thinking about talking to him?" Abhimanyu screamed as Rahul rolled his eyes for the nth time.
"For god's sake Abhi, please lower your voice or else I'll really have to make you speech deprived." He warned.

"But why?" Vrinda asked.
"He, actually WE need closure. This will never end if we don't negotiate with him." Anjali replied.
"Its not negotiating. Its bloody jeopardizing your life. Don't forget he's a criminal." Abhimanyu added.
"And don't forget you've seen me in Mumbai, dealing with these kind of creatures." Rahul muttered.

"But they were just some local rowdies Rahul." He pleaded.
"And he's just a man who's supposed to be my father. So let me have a brief my type of conversation with him." He coolly gazed at the man now standing outside the hospital, waiting for someone.
"We will have a proper conversation. Let's go now 'Mr.I can handle everything' sir." Anjali took his hand and pulled him forward.

"Careful." Vrinda added before they went far.
"I'll call Ranjani aunty." Abhi announced.
"Are you mad? Didn't you hear what he said?" She gazed at him with a frown.
"Maybe even she needs that closure. Let the family have a proper reunion." He muttered and opened his phone.

"Do as you wish. But don't come running for help when that angry hulk confronts you." Vrinda snapped.
"Sure." Abhi just chuckled.
"Abhi, what if something bad happens?" She asked worried.
"Whatever happens, they'll never leave each other." He said.

They glanced at the intertwined hands of Anjali and Rahul as they spoke.

---------------------

"Yash, I need to talk with my son. You can't do this." Randeep made sure his voice didn't sound weary or cracked. He had learnt his son was going to die. He had cancer. The news broke him. Sure he was a criminal, a murderer, but he never thought god would punish him that way.

He wanted to have a last conversation. Hell he was even ready to give up the plan of supplying drugs and escaping. He just wanted to speak with him. Tell him that he did all the crimes for money. Not that he was a saint, but he wanted to let his son know that he always loved him.

"Then you will be removed from the gang. You know what that means. You will be killed by the police." Yash warned.
"I know. But I want to speak with my son. I'll die happily before him." He spoke.
"As you wish. I must say, you've been a good dealer. But you lack practical thinking. Your emotions clouded your judgement and today, we say adieu." He said.

"I gave up my entire life for this. My drug addiction made me do horrible things. I hope you find your redemption one day Yash. Just like me." Randeep added.
"Whatever. I'll activate another dealer once you finish your heartwarming conversation. Goodbye." He said.
"Goodbye my friend." Randeep ended the talk.

And now his last task was waiting for him.

---------------------

Ranjani took her phone and locked the front doors of her house. She immediately left as soon as she received Abhi's call. If Randeep wanted to have a talk with her son, she had to be there. Therefore, she rushed towards the gate.

"Anu, I'm taking the car. Be inside." She told.
"Ranju, we're coming with you." Anuradha replied. She wanted to be there. Not just for Ranjani. She wanted to support Rahul.
"But anu-"
"No buts Ranju. We have to be there for them. It's our responsibility." She urged.