.4.

Chapter-4
Anjali's condition.

"She's fine, a day's monitoring is required and a bit rest. Please don't take tension. She'll be shifted to ward soon. And any one person can stay with her." Said Gagana who came out of the ICU.

Rahul let out a sigh of relief and thanked Gagana. He said he would accompany her till the railway station and went with her. Ranjani who was consoling Anuradha, called Akshaya to inform the kids about their sister.

As soon as Anjali fainted, Rahul took her to the hospital. Though Ranjani checked upon her, she called Gagana as she wanted her assurance. Gagana has been a very good friend of Rahul since he had shifted to Mumbai. And she felt Gagana had to know about Anjali too. Therefore, she arranged a special charted flight for her.

As soon as Gagana reached, Rahul was hell confused as to why a chemotherapist was needed for Anjali. Later, Ranjani and Gagana together explained that she had visited to treat another patient who was in emergency, which was a total lie. Nonetheless, Rahul relaxed which was enough for Ranjani and Gagana.

"Gagana, are you sure she's fine?" He asked the nth time and there was no response from her. Sensing tension in the air, he shook her that brought back Gagana from her deep thoughts.

"Rahul I need to talk to you. Stop the car!" Gagana yelled. Not understanding anything, Rahul obeyed.

"What the hell has happened to you Gagana! Why are you behaving so odd?" He asked in one go. She looked at him with puffy eyes indicating that she was in a turmoil.

"I need a clear explanation Dr.Gagana Rao!" He said loud and Gagana knew she had to be strong. Composing herself, she was ready to speak but then she received a call from Ranjani.

"Just excuse me." She said and went aside to attend the call. Rahul, clenching his fist, was controlling himself to be patient enough to listen to her.

"Aunty?" She spoke.
"Beta, please don't tell anything about Anjali's condition to Rahul. I've been hiding it from the past 6 months and now, it's sudden for him. I don't know how he will receive it. He wasn't ready to accept his condition 4 months before at the first place and now, he'll be completely broken upon learning Anjali's illness."  She blurted out and guilt struck on Gagana's face as she realised what she was going to do.

"Aunty, don't worry, I won't reveal to him about Anjali. I'll have to catch the train soon, so bye! And please take care."  She concluded.
"Thank you beta! Yes will take care of them. And you too take care. Have a safe journey." Ranjani said smiling.

Cutting the call, Gagana was preparing herself to face the most impatient man on the Earth now.
"Whose call was it? I'm sure it must be Maa." He said mocking.
"Rahul, listen. I can explain."
"I'm waiting for that."  He cut her in between.

"I saw Anjali for the first time okay! And that too in an unconscious state. I was scared. I was so much tensed. And I know she's important to you. She had a mild BP fluctuation and her senses was about to get clogged-"
"Okay now stop it! Don't drag medical issues in detail! You know I hate it." He cut her again.

"You were the one who asked for it." She said shrugging her shoulders.
"Okay, but don't behave such weird next time. Say me that you're scared beforehand so that I won't have to be scared." He said and asked her to get inside the car.

Giving a faint smile, she got in and they reached the station.
"Call me when you reach. Bye, take care." Rahul said.
"Sure." She took the suitcase and got on the train.