thirty-four

i was stretching as i stood against the wall, sensei wasn't here yet but i understood, apparently his friend from high school had died the other day. miguel had went up to sensei, and they talked before miguel went back to hawk, and sensei lawrence went to his office. 

a minute or two later sensei came out of the room and into the main dojo, "everybody, get your gis on. training starts in five minutes." he told us all. it was kind of weird since we were all supposed to go to the woods for training today. we all walked closer, "wh-what's wrong?" sensei asked us. "nothing's wrong, i just thought we were going to the woods for a special training today." miguel said. sensei looked back to kreese before kreese walked forward, "what's happening in the woods?" sensei asked. "well i thought it was a good time to seperate the men from the boys." kreese said, i looked at him. "and the girls too, i suppose." he then said. "how?" sensei asked. "coyote creek." kreese said. "i'm not sure they're ready for that." sensei told kreese. 

hawk had looked over to me and i looked back at him before we focused our attention back on kreese and sensei. 

"there's only one way to find out." kreese told sensei. "we're ready sensei. we wanna prove ourselves." hawk told sensei. everyone agreed and i just nodded. "it's up to sensei lawrence." kreese told us. "if he says it's ok, and only then, is it ok." he told us. "all right, well what are you waiting for? let's go." sensei told everyone.